dual sprinkler valves not sealing

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
voi9viper
Private
Private

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:14 pm

I converted my orbit sprinkler valve canon to two valves. the two pilots are connected with 3/8's hose, and a tee plus airgun. Is it my poor hose choice? I just realized clear 3/8's may not hold pressure at all.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:56 pm

How are you filling, with what? Where is your fill port?
voi9viper
Private
Private

Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:07 pm

schraeder valve in the chamber. I'm on my way now to get some fuel line or oil line at autozone rated for 125 psi. I'll post some pics in a few minutes. I'm sure it's the hose, though. One of the valves worked as a single.
voi9viper
Private
Private

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:55 pm

nope, still not sealing even if i block the barrel. There are two different valve types/models. Both are 1" orbit, but one has the solenoid in the center, and the other is offset. I could not get the same type again. there is a guide pin in one valve . Should iit be removed. Any more thoughts?
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 am

What kind of speed are you filling with? Sometimes a air source is just to slow to seal a sprinkler valve. For sprinkler valve trouble shooting see:http://www.spudfiles.com/pneumatic-cann ... uide%20rod.
voi9viper
Private
Private

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Ok, I got another orbit 8 screws valve and its fine. I could not get the jar top orbit 1" to work. I'm sure I could have eventuly fixed the problem, but I really wanted two of the same model valves anyway. For anyone reading that has this problem the solution should have been remove the guide pin and if it still doensn't seal enlarge the bleed hole in the diaphragm.

Im not sure where to ask this but I need someone near Daytona with a wood lathe to turn a 2" rod to taper it. I can probably do what I need with a hand drill but not nearly as easily as a lathe could. I think my next project is going to be some form of CNC.