Mechnanically locked spool valve

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:42 am

I have more than a couple scrap paintball markers knocking about, I've been thinking of using the trigger from something like that for a relatively large bore HPA pneumatic...

Just another idle though committed to pixels for posterity's sake.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
keks2033
Private 4
Private 4
Russia

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 pm

I thank for the scheme, I just experiment with a large caliber. I make a valve with a large flow area
[youtube][/youtube]
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:14 pm

keks2033 wrote:I make a valve with a large flow area

Nice :) needs a lot more flow if you want to shoot something that large diameter at a significant velocity. On the other hand, you're testing indoors, so maybe it's for the best!

How cold is it outside at the moment?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
keks2033
Private 4
Private 4
Russia

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:43 pm

warm, only -5, snow. I understand that the flow section should be more, but this requires large parts, they are expensive, but I can not afford to spend a lot of money on a hobby.
And further. Was everything okay with the site? From 07 to 15 November, I could not create a topic, could not answer, gave an error.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:03 pm

keks2033 wrote:warm, only -5, snow.
I expected worse :)
I understand that the flow section should be more, but this requires large parts, they are expensive, but I can not afford to spend a lot of money on a hobby.
Epoxy casting helps as a construction method if you don't want to spend too much money. I wouldn't trust it at low temperatures though!
And further. Was everything okay with the site? From 07 to 15 November, I could not create a topic, could not answer, gave an error.
There were some problems but PCGUY fixed them today after I contacted him, all should be good now!