Nerf Launcher help/how-to

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Bosgarage57
Recruit
Recruit

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello fellow spud heads. I am new here. I play paintball and in bigger scenario's we are allowed Anti-Tank launchers that launch 40mm pocket nerf rockets. Short of me finding a metadyne havoc launcher for $400 or so I'd like to build my own, but not sure where to start.

I found instructions for a launcher on KipKay.com, but its for a single use 12gram shot, and I would like to use a 13/3000 tank and get multiple shots out of it before needing to refill, and add a regulator or something for safety.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I have been looking at builds in the Pneumatic section but still not sure where to start.
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:29 am

Like this ?

[youtube][/youtube]
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 am

Welcome to the forum!
Bosgarage57 wrote:I would like to use a 13/3000 tank and get multiple shots out of it before needing to refill, and add a regulator or something for safety.
That in itself is pretty expensive, you won't need more than 100 psi for the sort of performance you're after and paintball bottles typically have an output of at least 300 psi, so a regulator is obligatory, so you're looking at around $200 for bottle, regulator and fittings.

In terms of configuration, for multiple shots your best option is probably a quick exhaust valve dumping a smaller firing chamber, actuated by a three-way valve that simultaneously dumps the pilot area of the QEV and shuts off the main air supply.

here's an example using standard parts, of course for a 40mm launcher you want the largest diameter QEV you can find.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Bosgarage57
Recruit
Recruit

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks guys, i'll check those out.

As for parts I have a plethora of paintball parts (palmers stabilizer, and various other regulators) I can use to get that PSI from 800 (tank output) to 100 or so PSI so the FPS isn't more than 180fps when shooting.