OMEGA Project- underway!

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
-Skate-
Private 2
Private 2

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:10 am

Wow man! That looks sweet!

Looks like it's nice and powerful, but it is madly expensive. I love it though. I am going to apply for a job soon. If I get the job I can afford to make good pneumatics.

EDIT: Can someone link me to McMaster?
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:21 pm

Thanks!

mc masters link is:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

You can't link actual pages on their site, only the main one. Their stuff goes by number.
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:43 pm

.......big disappointment...

My luck has totally ran out in this thing. I thought I had a 3/4 tap and just went to look for it and it's really 1/2 and, I can't find the bit I need to drill the hole anyway.

I need a hole saw big enough to bore out a 4" tee and I cannot find nor can I afford one.

So now my broke ass is gonna have to wait ages to start building this.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:07 pm

where is the tap going to be used?

for the tees,
use a dremel, or a die grinder. It may not be precise, but if you are careful, It will definitely work.
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:19 pm

The tap is for my QEV to go into the back plug.

And I found that 4" pipe OD is 4.5" so a 4.5" holesaw will work. HD had all the sizes BUT 4.5 and even then it would cost $34!! I'll just find one, use it and then return it.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:10 am

good idea. If the back plug is pvc, get the hole drilled out a little under size, then screw in the pipe nipple, threading it in the process.
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:16 pm

MOTHER FUCKING EBAY!!!

Some guy had a multiple listing for 3 taps at $6 each. I bid on one, 2 other guys bid on 1 each. Some other bid on 2. They all won 1 each and I fucking lost and I bid first just as much $$ as they did!!! WTF happened???

Now I'm pissed beyond belief.... the fittings are all coming today and I have no tap and no hole saw. Fucking home depot has every saw up to 5" besides the one I need. I never get any fucking luck on this shit do I???

I want this thing done so I done so I don't have to worry about it anymore. It better do a damn good job at ripping shit apart because I really need to let out some frustration now.
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:34 pm

And so you know I'm for real with this thing... I put the parts where they will be eventually (nothing's glued)

trust me- it's a hell of a lot bigger than it looks and it will be even bigger when it's done.
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm

MOTHERFUCKER!!!! THE DAMN TEE IS CRACKED!!!!
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 pm

At least it wasn't glued togather allready. I used a half round basterd file to remove the bulk amount needed in my valve, then used a #4 cut, half round file to finish and smooth. It took a while, but worked just the same.
sgehring
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 pm

been reading your posts and your killing me!! It alls so sounds so familar from when I was building mine which fortunatly you were good enough to give me advice on. Send me your address in a PM and I will send you the holesaw, Just be sure on what size you want. This is that trust thing. I have access up to 6 inches.

That the same size barrel and chamber as the one you helped me with.
SpudStuff
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Which tee is cracked? Another reason I do not like DURA fittings.
Velocity
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:03 pm

Why do you need to bore out the tee anyways?
Tater Salad
Private 2
Private 2

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:10 pm

What kind of piston valve are you using?
I've been designing some but most involve at least two tees or pressure on both sides which wouldnt work for this.

Any advice on a good piston valve would be helpful.

Ps I have a combustion that has about the same specs, but obviously some different components.

And im thinking that bolt action reload would be a hell of alot easier if you're not using potatoes, for instance golf balls.
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Actually, I'm beginning to think they aren't cracked. ALL the DURA fittings have this odd line that runs the length of them. Trust me, it isn't the usual seam you would see. All the fittings that I have 2 of though, have these "cracks" in the same place. I'm still not sure what it really is or if I should even use them.

Give me a while I'll get a pic.

The hole saw is for the reducing tees on the chamber. I want to take down the "stop" inside them so I can slide them over the chamber pipe rather than having more joints to glue if I were to cut the pipe up.

And sgehring, thanks, but I don't want you to have to pay for shipping. I'm going to Lowes this weekend and I'll just pick one up there and then return when I'm done.

This gun is using a 3" PVC pipe cap as a piston. A bolt will go through it with a washer to hold a rubber sheet that seals the barrel. Pics of that soon too.