Mounting blowgun

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Rayman_1337
Private 3
Private 3

Sun May 06, 2007 2:33 pm

which way am i supposed to mount my blow gun to the modified sprinkler valve?

I have to places on the blowgun i could do it, one is 3/4 thread that fits into the copper pipe that is coming out of my valve, and the other is on the other end and it is smaller.....does it even matter?
super spuder
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 06, 2007 2:38 pm

On some blow valve it matters, and some it doesn't. Take the blow valve and blow into the end that you want to put in the sprinkler valve open the trigger and if you can blow through it it will work.
trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
cyanite
Private 2
Private 2

Mon May 07, 2007 5:27 am

It depends on the pressure... (one way it wont hold as much as the other way) This is because of the way the blowgun is built. Usually, the trigger should be opening up away from the valve (the pivot is closer to the sprinkler valve than the release mechanism).
If you have a weird blowgun... and it opens itself up this way, you can always turn it around (you ARE just screwing it in with some teflon tape right?). put the blowgun in and MAKE SURE you take your gun to the maximum pressure you want it operating under, with the barrel empty and pointed AWAY from yourself or others, listen for leaks from the blowgun. If it leaks, turn it round.

Hope this helps
Rayman_1337
Private 3
Private 3

Mon May 07, 2007 9:25 pm

thanks much, yea im using teflon tape lol, duuuhhh
pyromaniac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 pm

just so you know some blowguns can be abit touchy my want to put a ball valve safety at the barrel end of the sprinkler.
:pottytrain3: