Page 1 of 2

hop up??

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 pm
Author: JDP12
does anyone know how neospud added hopup to his Mark II??

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:34 pm
Author: hi
i dont know how he did it, but if you just use a dremel and cut about half way through the pipe, then glue in half an O-ring, that would probably do it.

i wouldnt recommend trying it on expensive pipe because its an unproven theory that i made up about 10 seconds before i types this message.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:14 am
Author: Leonard
Try a PM!

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:24 am
Author: Maniac
Try a PM!

How can he pm neo he's not even a member, well not an active member and I haven't seen him in a while now didn't he used to be Mr.Plow on spudtech?

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:43 pm
Author: JDP12
he's rarely on here, maybe twice a year

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:28 pm
Author: ammosmoke
A little bike tire tubing glued on the bottom of the exit should do the trick, but I would PM clide. He seems to have decent experience with hopup.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:23 pm
Author: jimmy101
hi wrote:i dont know how he did it, but if you just use a dremel and cut about half way through the pipe, then glue in half an O-ring, that would probably do it.

i wouldnt recommend trying it on expensive pipe because its an unproven theory that i made up about 10 seconds before i types this message.

Why use a half of an O-ring? Makes it a PITA to replace. Just use an intact O-ring and skip the glue.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:49 am
Author: i-will
A HOP-UP IS EASY TO MAKE ON ANY TYPE OF BARREL. THE ONLY RESTRICTION IS SPACE (IF U WANNA BE NEAT)

ALL U NEED IS A THICK PIECE OF RUBBER, A MACHINE SCREW, AND SOME WAY TO HOLD IT ALL DOWN (WOOD IS CHEAP AND EASIEST). THE SCREW MAKES IT ADJUSTABLE. I'M NOT SURE BUT FROM WHAT KNOW THE HOP-UP IS MUCH MORE AFFECTIVE WHEN IT'S AS CLOSE AS U CAN GET IT TO THE BREECH.

<a href="http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/PROGRESSKATE/?action=view&current=HOP-UPGHETTO.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/PROGRESSKATE/HOP-UPGHETTO.jpg" border="0" alt="GHETTE HOP-UP"></a>

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 am
Author: littlebro05
i-will wrote:A HOP-UP IS EASY TO MAKE ON ANY TYPE OF BARREL. THE ONLY RESTRICTION IS SPACE (IF U WANNA BE NEAT)

ALL U NEED IS A THICK PIECE OF RUBBER, A MACHINE SCREW, AND SOME WAY TO HOLD IT ALL DOWN (WOOD IS CHEAP AND EASIEST). THE SCREW MAKES IT ADJUSTABLE. I'M NOT SURE BUT FROM WHAT KNOW THE HOP-UP IS MUCH MORE AFFECTIVE WHEN IT'S AS CLOSE AS U CAN GET IT TO THE BREECH.

<a href="http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/PROGRESSKATE/?action=view&current=HOP-UPGHETTO.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/PROGRESSKATE/HOP-UPGHETTO.jpg" border="0" alt="GHETTE HOP-UP"></a>



No I dont' think you get the point what you've just showed us was already shown by Kashmunni, but using a hop up like that wears out very quickly especially in BBMG's. Neospud uses some sort of mechanism although i have no idea what it is :S

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 pm
Author: nsane-spuds
Well, if you are afraid of the rubber wearing out, this should work for you.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:26 pm
Author: i-will
ok. thats really neat. i like ur idea. i just wanna ask what is the bb made of because it's gotta have some friction to put some backspin on the projectile. metal or plastic won't do much but decrease the fps. the design is awesome though.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm
Author: littlebro05
i-will wrote:ok. thats really neat. i like ur idea. i just wanna ask what is the bb made of because it's gotta have some friction to put some backspin on the projectile. metal or plastic won't do much but decrease the fps. the design is awesome though.


I was thinking that it will produce friction whether it be plastic or metal since the friction is being cause by the downward force of the spring. If there wasn't a spring it wouldn't work.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:40 pm
Author: i-will
i'll try that out. i've seen your mp5 (littlebro05). it's freaken awesome. that what i like to see. it's functional and ready for the field. and i love mp5 (sd6). i hope u ready my responses to both of the topics. i'm not a fan of negative energy. oh yeah. the point of the hop-up that i made was to keep it as simple as possible. as long as the hole has smoothed edges the rubber won't wear very fast. it's easy to replace the rubber. i don't mind the extra work though so i'm gonna try ur method.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 pm
Author: littlebro05
i-will wrote:i'll try that out. i've seen your mp5 (littlebro05). it's freaken awesome. that what i like to see. it's functional and ready for the field. and i love mp5 (sd6). i hope u ready my responses to both of the topics. i'm not a fan of negative energy. oh yeah. the point of the hop-up that i made was to keep it as simple as possible. as long as the hole has smoothed edges the rubber won't wear very fast. it's easy to replace the rubber. i don't mind the extra work though so i'm gonna try ur method.


Haha cool, and sorry if I putted you down. Although it does look like that, but it's quite a not sturdy gun so i'm going to make another MP5 Navy that uses a SCH40 PVC T Pipe, and the loading mech will be a screw on cap in the position of like a paintball hopper. It's easier and won't break as easy. Although the performance that gun wasn't too bad actually. Just that it's not sturdy very fragile.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 pm
Author: i-will
what program do u use to draw ur example pics? i just use windows paint.