BBMG- Airsoft Magazine and hopup design.

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:37 pm

how much leakage do you have.out the mag "hole" in the hopup?

what is the purpose of the tire valve, and how would it be used?would it be used to open at ~80 psi to pulse the air as a substitute to a pop-off valve?

for semi, how would you suggest actuating the air nozzle/tappet plate?

i have a combustion based design in mind, but I don't want it to spew out a bunch of BBs with every shot, just 1.

Thanks
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
Imortal87
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:09 pm

He dosnt get much leakage at all because the magazine feeding tube and the feeding hole on the hopup are a tight enough fit.. you could add an o-ring if you are really worried about it but the gas will escape from the easiest hole possible which is the barrel.

This design is not meant for semi-Auto.. its a BBMG design.
No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm

I realize it is a bbmg, and I was asking about using the hopup and tappet plate as the blow forward breech in a semi, to let me have hopup, and feed from standard magazines.

The leak question was about all leaks, including any leaks around the feeding BBs and out through the magazine, which I am sure is not air-tight.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
Young
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 am

well a airsoft bb itself is only 5.95 mms and a barrel varies from 6.00-6.12 mm I would worry about that more than leakage from the hop up.

How the heck would you get a taplet plate in, the tapplet plate works in a gearbox I dont see how it would pull the air nozzle back to load just one bb in a bbmg design
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:45 pm

I only care about leakage through the hopup because the propelling gas will be rather hot, and repeated firing could possibly cause the magazine to melt.
I should start a topic of my own, to prevent the hijacking of this one.
jonnyboy
Corporal
Corporal

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:09 pm

There is almost no leakage through the magazine and hop up. If your worried about it that much you could entomb the whole thing in epoxy. To get the air hot enough to melt plastic your using some serious pressure not something that is exactly airsoft safe. :?
mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:31 pm

fair enough, thanks.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Update:, I have been thinking about making a new version of this, a friend of mine has a CNC machine, and I figured I could make a really sweet smg.

still contemplating between that and another project at the moment. I will try to keep everyone updated.
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:19 pm

FINALLY someone uses an airsoft magazine. I had concluded that those mags were the best way to go YEARS ago, back when I was mving away from thinking up vortex designs. Not alot of stuff you can do different with those. All of my modern BBMG designs use a bolt, a copy of an AR15 lower, and either a hammer valve or a new design I'm developing. VOrtex guns are nice, but there's little variety.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
AngryChauncey
Private 3
Private 3

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 pm

SEAKING9006 wrote:FINALLY someone uses an airsoft magazine. I had concluded that those mags were the best way to go YEARS ago, back when I was mving away from thinking up vortex designs. Not alot of stuff you can do different with those. All of my modern BBMG designs use a bolt, a copy of an AR15 lower, and either a hammer valve or a new design I'm developing. VOrtex guns are nice, but there's little variety.

Of course mags are the best way to go professor. :wink: That's why they use them in all manufactured air soft guns with the exception of a few crappy guns that are gravity fed.