Semi-automatic airsoft gun, very simple

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Playing with a syringe, a small spring a 5/2 and a bb of 6mm, plus a couple of hours in the afternoon. The result is not impressive but yes, very fun to do and shoot. Shoot with 80 psi :bounce:
[youtube][/youtube]
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:27 am

Very nice! Is it a blow forward valve?

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:44 am

It is a common valve, of which they have for one side the two escapes and the supply of compressed air, and for the opposite side, the two exits. Too bad that support low pressure, up to 120 psi, but it is enough for this application. I need an exterior fairing with the look of a modern weapon, made of fiberglass or something similar.
Your design is excellent, and very simple. I had seen it and I like it.
He is connected in this way, he had already published it.
Attachments
válvula 5-2 como arma de airsoft semiautomática.png
válvula 5-2 como arma de airsoft semiautomática.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 8522 times
FerdBlu
Private
Private
Switzerland

Mon May 09, 2022 9:42 am

How do the BBs get into the Barrel? Via a sliding magazine over the barrel?
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon May 09, 2022 9:23 pm

It was more or less like that, like in the drawing.
carga bb`s.png
Dembouz921
Private
Private
France

Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:25 am

If you keep pulling the air pistol trigger does the blow forward valve in the syringe stays open? If so I think by restricting the blowgun airflow you could make it fire fully automatic. As the blowvalve in the syringe releases air in the barrel, air is still coming from the blowgun but with a relatively low airflow so the piston have time to close enough to load an other bb then pressure builds up again and the piston goes forward again. I'm not sure it will works good because with a limited air flow you may have a slow rof.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:27 am

Dembouz921 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:25 am
If you keep pulling the air pistol trigger does the blow forward valve in the syringe stays open? If so I think by restricting the blowgun airflow you could make it fire fully automatic.
Yes, I had hoped it would work in full auto (here is a development thread) but I could never get it to cycle properly, it needs the airflow to be cut off in order to reset properly.

Some theory for an improved design.

Similar idea but incorporating a pop-off element to increase power:

There are better ways to go about it however, a blow forward valve uses a lot of energy to cycle the mechanism and there is a lot of dead volume, so it's not the most efficient solution.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life