Full Auto Airsoft Rifle (Inline Vortex)

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!

Do you think using an acutal airsoft barrel, would improve accuracy and distance?

Yes
57%
No
5%
Not Sure
10%
Not Sure
10%
Yes, but could cause jamming?
19%
No, and would cause jamming?
No votes

Total votes: 21
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Wed May 30, 2007 10:12 pm

Well the T would work with a plunger.But you need to make sure that a plug is put in that is flush with the vertical adapter(The I part of the T).this way the plunger stops feeding and the remaining bb's are stuck in the same chamber as the block.Hope that is understandable,it is late and I don't feel like drawing it out.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Wed May 30, 2007 11:52 pm

Since the "T" isnt the right thing to do.. I changed the gun layout and messed around with the overall look..

What do you guys think of the layout?

Overall i think it would be pretty easy to make
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Thu May 31, 2007 12:12 am

That looks sweet! You could add a homeade working silencer to it. There is a how to on it somewhere. Maybe you could mount a rail at the top for like a laser sight and/or a scope.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 12:15 am

I was actually thinkin about building the laser sight into the body itself.. that bottom flat peice that supports the barrel would fit a laser..

EDIT: Like this:

haha now it really looks like a "Rail Gun"
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 31, 2007 1:38 am

Davidvaini wrote:haha now it really looks like a "Rail Gun"
nah mate, this is what a rail gun looks like

I know, I know, just kidding :p
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
chaos
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Thu May 31, 2007 2:08 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Davidvaini wrote:haha now it really looks like a "Rail Gun"
nah mate, this is what a rail gun looks like

I know, I know, just kidding :p
lol aye jack diddnt they shoot a nuke or sumthing out of one of those?
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 2:10 am

So im pretty sure im gonna stick with this layout...

So to give you a rough look.. this is what its gonna look like in Real Life!

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 31, 2007 3:06 am

chaos wrote:lol aye jack diddnt they shoot a nuke or sumthing out of one of those?
No, that's the US 280mm gun, it was carried by wheeled tractors and emplaced before firing. Of course now the concept's obsolete given the advances in cruise missile technology, but still an impressive weapon :D

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 9:31 am

Im also trying to think of a way to have interchangable barrels to switch between close combat/indoor enviroments and outdoor/longrange enviroments.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 9:33 am

Jackssmirkingrevenge... thanks for the video preview of my gun! hahah jk....

Im also trying to think of a way to have interchangable barrels to switch between close combat/indoor enviroments and outdoor/longrange enviroments.

EDIT: The edit button didnt work :( sorry for the double post

origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal

Thu May 31, 2007 5:54 pm

For interchangeable barrels, just put threads on your barrel with a die and tap out the hole in the vortex block to put the barrel into. You can have a shorter barrel for indoor use, and a longer barrel to improve accuracy for outside use. In addition to the regulator on your tank, have another paint gun regulator on your gun for easier adjusting the pressure between the output of your tank reg, and the pressure you are shooting at.

EDIT: you can buy individual taps and dies at your hardware store, so you wouldn't have to buy an expensive set.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for the Info!

However due to the rules and regulations for our Airsofting, no adjustments to fps can be made after the round starts.. so I would have no need for another regulator...

I like the thread idea..
iknowmy3tables
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Thu May 31, 2007 6:11 pm

how thanks jack i swear I think I saw that thing up close in the museum at the Abeerden army base the thing is beautful, but Hittlers rail gun is next to it and it's even bigger so it steals the attention away
EDIT: The edit button didnt work sorry for the double post
LOL :lol:
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal

Thu May 31, 2007 6:12 pm

You could also add a ball valve safety behind your blowgun. I wish I could get a CO2 tank and reg for mine, but my dad wont let me, because he thinks the reg will pop off the tank if hit. So right now I am stuck with a huge, and heavy 7 Gallon 125 psi rated tank strapped onto my back which is so impractical, it isn't even funny. Maybe my dad might let me get one of those remote CO2 paintball kits.
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Thu May 31, 2007 6:23 pm

Make sure oyu put an adjustable hop-up in this thing. if oyu dont know what that is, it gives the BB topspin so it travels further. go buy yourself a hop-up bucking along with your (most likely tightbore) barrel. then make a little spring loaded thing that presses down on the part of the bucking thats inside the notch at the back of the barrel harder and softer at the turn of the screw.

basically, if you want to OWN THE FACES of the ppl with marui rifles, youve gotta have a hop-up

nuf said

without a hop-up, expect a range of about 90 feet MAX (level)

with a hop-up, expect aobut 150 feet or more without any drop in the bb's trajectory. soon afterward it will dive-bomb, but up to that 150 foot mark, where you aim is where you hit....... (most marui rifles shoot 120 feet at 350 FPS, im guessing your gun will shoot at around 450 FPS like the ultimateinline series did, so yeah expect 150 feet or more.