Semi final stainless steel gun

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 am

Uummm Fred? I believe that's a cannon you haven't shown yet. From what I can see, it's beautiful!!

OK 1" foam material... What diameter disk do you use vs. what barrel size? How do you clamp the disk in so that the 30 psi fuel load doesn't blow it out? Sounded like you load both the disk and ammo from the muzzle. I don't see how the disk will hold that way.
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 am

wide view
Attachments
DSCN0017(3) r.jpg
Many listen, too few hear
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 am

When the disk is cut out it is bigger than the barrel, it expands a little. I inject 20 lbs of propane than mix it with the fan. Not that much pressure in the chamber so it holds fine. I have used them in 5 cannons already. When I first load it I open the back to purge the air than close it and spin the fan to mix. 30 psi in a 4" chamber is not much pressure. Between the disk and the ammo it holds fine.
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:33 am

On the stainless cannon I inject 3 shots of propane and 3 of oxygen and the disk still holds, so much easier than the usual burst disks.
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:24 am

Really nice gun, maybe i missed it btu what are you planning to use it for? i mean it is really cool to have a gun on a jeep but does it have any real function(paintball/nerfing?)
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:13 am

I shoot tennis balls in the open fields around here. The kids go out and try to catch them. I also have put the jeep in parades. The 2 guns on the new vehicle are going to be auto paint ball guns.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 am

fred wrote:I shoot tennis balls in the open fields around here. The kids go out and try to catch them. I also have put the jeep in parades. The 2 guns on the new vehicle are going to be auto paint ball guns.
Nothing like running some kids ragged chasing tennis balls to make them sleep really good at night.... :wink:

Beautiful Jeep setup Fred. You have some fairly serious cash socked into that little beauty.
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:05 am

Actually it,s a quad I bought for $100. I than built the body around it out of plywood covered with fiberglass. The frame was leftover metal stock. Mabey $700 total and a lot of time.
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 am

Hi to all. I have not been on here in a few years, had so many other projects to do. Hope everyone is doing well. I guess I should get back into it.I was thinking of a auto tennis ball rifle.
Anyway good luck to you all.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:18 am

fred wrote:Hi to all. I have not been on here in a few years, had so many other projects to do.
The forum has a non-spudgun related projects section ;)
Hope everyone is doing well. I guess I should get back into it.I was thinking of a auto tennis ball rifle.
If it's anything like your previous projects, something to look forward to :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life