CpTn_lAw's hybrid w/ pics

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.

Is it cool?

yes
86%
doesn't pronounce himself...
14%
no. soz man.
No votes

Total votes: 7
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:12 am

It's planned. It normally is a charger for an 9.6 volt airsoft battery.
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:12 am

Hey everybody! sorry to let you without infos about the development but i've been pretty busy with the exams; which i passed fortunately! ^^
I will go in a few days to my local hardware store to buy some 2" steel pipe to finalise the hybrid, but before that, i must tell you guys (and joanna) that i've succeeded at the first 5x shot. It was funny, actually my neighbor came to my house claiming he'd heard a gunshot outside (the shot was inside the garage, closed door).
no need to calculate the speed; it WAS supersonic. i only used a small ball of rolled aluminium foil. weights about .3 grams, and was as flat as a single layer of foil after the impact lol! So that's it for the moment, i'll keep you posted as soon as i buy the 2" pipe!

Btw, for the record the transformer ignition is a beast! tried it with a car battery, 12 V, 150 A, turned it into 220 V something around 7 Amps arc, and it's bright blue.
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."