The Lieutenant Johnson Hybrid

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 6:15 pm

Starman:Yes I've seen the princess bride, it gave me a bit of a laugh.
And dont worry about the large bore hybrid, thats coming soon(probably this summer)

Spudfarm: The barrel half full is a lot especially with my 3/4in 6ft long barrel.
Half a barrel full would be somewhere around 2000 bbs im guessing.
that much weight would go nowhere out of this small little thing.
I think ill do what rag suggested and use less bbs.

And ill have a larger chamber on it by 2 weeks from now(35ci) Ill also increase the porting to 1.25in so i can use some heavyer ammo
DYI
First Sergeant 5
First Sergeant 5
Antigua & Barbuda

Wed May 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Spudfarm said fill 1/2" of the barrel, not 1/2 the barrel :lol:

And congrats on the spelling of "LIEUTENANT". Who knows, on the next try you might even get it right :roll:
Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed May 07, 2008 6:43 pm

DYI wrote:And congrats on the spelling of "LIEUTENANT". Who knows, on the next try you might even get it right :roll:
ROFL... (srsly)

BTW, not laughing at anyone, I just found that really funny for some reason. Probably it's a sign to stop poring over my loverly new purchase and get some kip.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 6:46 pm

1/2in of the barrel ohhhh that makes much more sense :lol:

And I fixed the spelling and I think it is right, yes finally
DYI
First Sergeant 5
First Sergeant 5
Antigua & Barbuda

Wed May 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Now I know why we have this smiley:

:wav:
Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 7:04 pm

:lol:

I really do need to learn how to spell I guess.
Last edited by bigbob12345 on Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed May 07, 2008 7:34 pm

DYI wrote:Now I know why we have this smiley:
:wav:
Oooh, I know this one... for when you reach post count milestones!
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Yeah i use that one sometimes when I get all excited about another star or more posts and so on like rag said.

wasnt able to get a vid but here is what happened when I shot a 2 by 4 with a marble at 4x
no penatration again but I dont think it would be expected out of a gun this size, or even a gun twice the size.
SpudUke5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Hey your not as bad as a speller then others.

[offtopic]
i was watching Lingo on GSN network one day, and this game involves spelling. Well this black woman (not trying to be racist) who was between 20 and 30 I'd say, couldnt spell drain. She spelled it d r a n e. Then the Lingo girl is like "Sorry thats not a word".

I was on the floor cracking up, but yet somewhat angry at how stupid people can be. But definitely surprising and funny. Also it took her a little effort to spell other words. She had to "think" about them.

Still a little bitter about it....
[/offtopic]

nice hybrid by the way.
4SPC, My 4" piston 3" porting cannon
Memo:
Fix up copper cannon
Fix up 4SPC
Start Stirrup pump
Start Toolies piston bazooka
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 pm

[offtopic]
i was watching Lingo on GSN network one day, and this game involves spelling. Well this black woman (not trying to be racist) who was between 20 and 30 I'd say, couldnt spell drain. She spelled it d r a n e. Then the Lingo girl is like "Sorry thats not a word".

I was on the floor cracking up, but yet somewhat angry at how stupid people can be. But definitely surprising and funny. Also it took her a little effort to spell other words. She had to "think" about them.

Still a little bitter about it....
[/offtopic]
Even I could spell drain right with not much thought
Hey your not as bad as a speller then others.
Yes I agree with you, there are much worse spellers than me on this forum, but ive been here for a while(I guess not that long when I compare it to some other people)and I should have learnt by now to spell well by now.
nice hybrid by the way.
Thanks
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed May 07, 2008 8:06 pm

bigbob12345 wrote:...but I dont think it would be expected out of a gun this size, or even a gun twice the size.
HEAL is only around that order of size (slightly shorter barrel, but a larger bore), and has achieved some penetration into that kind of thing with marbles, although how much was rather hampered by the marble turning into sand.

Although, arguably, HEAL does use a similar pressure to a 4x hybrid, and a larger chamber - but the gases aren't heated.
It's sort of apples and pears, it's not too easy to compare them.

It also depends on how you hit relative to the grain I suspect - out of interest, what variety of wood was it?

If you try again, you might see better results. Even today, when I was trying out my new air rifle, some of the pellets sunk deeper into the wooden backstop than others, and as they all had very similar energy, I can only assume it's related to how and what they hit.
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Wed May 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Im almost positive that is pine, but I could be completely, utterly wrong
And ill try again firing in a different place in the wood and see if it makes any difference.
mattyp
Private
Private

Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 am

yer hybrids are usually pretty loud
thats a sweet gun
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 am

Thank you matt :)