Barrel Portability with saftey

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
No.Va
Private 2
Private 2

Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 pm

Im planning on making a combustion cannon, but Im not entirly sure of the saftey of it. I have a few reasons that I want to be able to store it easy so I was wondering if I could attatch the barrel to the chamber by using a male and female adapter. Im not sure of the dimensions but the chamber would be around 4' by 12' for the chamber and 1.5' by 24' for the barrel. the barrel would be able to screw off for easy storage and I am not using propane injection, just normal right guard for the propellant. is there any chance the connection of the 2 adapters would make the gun hazardous? replies and tips would be great! thanks!

p.s. if you would like a diagram of my idea, if you not sure what i mean just let me know.
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 31, 2005 1:35 pm

thats actually vary common and perfectly safe, ppl who have different barrels for one gun do that like me.
i got connections with the modfia, watch who ur talkin to noob.

talk to me on AIM at iamthwalrus3
CS

Donating Members

Tue May 31, 2005 1:48 pm

Ya when you make your chamber put a slip to female adapter on both ends of your chamber. On the one end you will put your end cap then on the other size put your barrel. Thats how i made my gun so i could change my barrel. Why the 24' barrel (what if something gets stuck in the middle) it will proably be the straightess shooting gun though. 4 feet i think is a good length.
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 31, 2005 1:50 pm

i think he means 24" pimp, a 24' barrel whould be HUGE

CS

Donating Members

Tue May 31, 2005 1:59 pm

Buts that really short. If it is call i would call it sawed off potato gun. No.Va i hope it works out for you with your sawed off potato gun.
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 31, 2005 2:02 pm

hahahaha, idk why thats just funny

spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue May 31, 2005 4:51 pm

sorry guys, wrong section, i'll move it to general
No.Va
Private 2
Private 2

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:58 am

Well, the thing aboutt he short cannon lenght is that i cant really store it in many places, i have a small room and my other one takes up alot of room, i cant hold any more in there unless they are small, but as I said earlier, its an estimated length, it will most likley be longer once i buy all the materials i need. And besides, who really needs accuracy when you're just lobbing golf balls and spuds into the air?