60 mm mortar need to propell ammo ?

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
sgt pauley
Private
Private

Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello all, I re-enact WWII I also just bought a 60 mm mortar. Right now i`m in ned of idea`s on how to proplel the rounds? Ican use rockcts but that`s no good i think ?Also this is all steel and bronze. If anyone wouldlike to look at the mortar and contact me with ideas here`s my email charles_pauley2@yahoo.com also my home # is (301)-737-0828 if it costs you to talk then i`ll call you back it`s free for me and why waste your dime ! I know how to make it function the right way but ATF will come take it. Also for you that know anything abut mortars this is a 60 mm Spanish made in "64" and is a drop mortar. Might have enough room at the bottom for a gas chamber? Only problem is getting the wad to sit everytime on command? Reason why, you have to load it from the top of the tube . Also my warheads are going to explode upon impact, very weak it`s just for re-enatments like a strong M-80 ? Less the fragmentation lol ! Anyhow please send help lol email me and i`ll send all the photo`s you need! Thanks very much ! best regards, SGT.Pauley
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:40 pm

i thought modern morters were propelled by basicly a type of shotgun shell, you know drop it in the tube, pin in bottem strikes primer and out it comes, but one that old is probly very heavy, how much does it weight? i see by your phone number your in western Md. i'm in northern baltimore county myself. i'll be sending a picture request from my yahoo email shortly, your probly get a ton of calls putting a phone number up here be ready for them!
sgt pauley
Private
Private

Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Cool if i get alot of calls hope they want to re-enact, and i live in southern maryland we are going to be holding our own events among going to others. Yeah shoot me an emal ! Later Sgt pauley
WOW!!
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:03 pm

How much does the shell weight? Cause you could do like Jrrdw and drill a hole in the bottom and put a .10G shitgun sheel in there and have it drop on a pin, It might work it might not, good luck with it. Keep us posted

Josh :P
sgt pauley
Private
Private

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:24 pm

I have moved onto bazookas now :) I`ll show yall some stuff after the WWII week-end this week-end in PA. Sgt. Pauley
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Where in Pa. is the reinactment? I live 1 mile south of the Pa. line in northern Baltimore County.
sgt pauley
Private
Private

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:54 pm

Hey bro its at Broadsheadsville Township Chestnuthill i`m from the south sounds crazy to me lol ! It`s up from Harrisburg PA. about an hour or so then down off of Rt.115 follow it through the town of Broadsheadville and hopefully it will dump into Rt. 209 then turn LEFT on 715 and is`s about 2 miles or less up that road I think a pplace caledd evergrennterrace or something I would have to dig out the paper work but hell if you can get there into that town onto those roads you`ll find it. I`ll have an M-1 Garand and an Winchester M-1 Carbine there as well too it`s #ed in the low millions -500,000 that range nice flip up site`s Lotsa WWII parts the M-1 is #`ed under a million Springfield Armory.Anyow I don`t know if its open to the public but i`m sure if someone will show you around they `ll let ya in ? Myself and my staff Sgt. paid a fee to get in 25.00 a person. Anyhow if Isee ya up there cool just ask for Pauley 35th guy rgr, Later Sgt. Pauley
WOW!!
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:22 pm

Do you know were mercerville NJ is? That is were i live. My aunt lives up in harris burg
sgt pauley
Private
Private

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:39 pm

no I sure don`t bro i live in southern Maryland on the Bay. If you live in baltimore or close to it i live about 2 1/2 hours south down Rt. 4 point look out anyways I`ll be holding events down here so maybe you can check that out i recomend you go to the Reading Pa. Airshow my gpa from 101st "Band of Brother will be there "Clancy Lyall" he jumped from dick Winter`s plane on D-DAY, Gpa`s my group adviser I`m looking for reenactors basic imprssion is around 1,200 and that`s with your weapon ready to fight! Anyhow going to that event up there other than yYork & Ft. Indian Gap & Hersey world I don`t know a whole lot oh yeah Gettysburg . anyways my web guys shit is broke down neds or should i say waiting on software but here`s our website http://www.santafediv134th.com this is my other gpa`s Division the 35th/134th we`ll later on, Pauley