New Ballistics Program for Graphing Calculators

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.

Do you have an acceptable calculator to run this program?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 23
Blitz
Corporal 2
Corporal 2
United States of America

Fri May 02, 2008 8:41 am

See, I envy ambition like that -- I just don't have the time or attention span to mount a major project like that. :) Well, then again I have a lot going on in my life right now, so spudgunning has been kinda put on the backburner for the time being.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Fri May 02, 2008 8:54 am

Blitz wrote:I just don't have the time to mount a major project like that.
Well, nor do I, truth be told, but I'm going to try anyway... :D

It's not too complex a design, it just needs to be built really carefully, else I can't get the best out of it - and I want the best from it.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
sandman
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Well, i wished to take a look at your program as i also make programs for the Ti-83 Family and i was disappointed that i cant open it in TiProgram Editor, because its much eaiser to look at in their, and u can easily convert the program into a text document, so i wanted to know if u wrote the program in program Editor, or did u write it on the calculator, as im trying to find why i cant open it.
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:39 am

I've completed an upgraded version of V2.0, now compatible with MirageOS! The text through the entire thing has also been modified to include lowercase, making it much easier on the eyes. All of the pics and GDB's are now called from and are returned to the Archive, making the program much more survivable in the event of a RAM crash.

Also, I found a crash-inducing bug. If you correct for air resistance, and afterwords ANY of the values come out negative, exit the program. Doing ANY computations on those numbers will force a RAM clear.

EDIT: I've uploaded the .zip for the program. My apologies to RC Man, as this goes against his wishes for editing. However, as he does seem to be inactive on the magnitude of three months, I have deemed uploading it myself necessary.
Attachments
Distance for MirageOS.zip
Here it is, in all it's lowercase-enabled glory.
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Bump for program release.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
Tidbit77
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 pm

looks like a great program, i wish i could upload it to to my calculator...I have a TI-89 titanium
"i wonder if i can do that a little lowe- oh apparently no"

"If a little is good.....more is better"

My last words: "Ooooo! what does that do!?!?"
rcman50166
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:58 pm

INACTIVE?!?!, I'll show you!. No just kidding. I was inactive for a while for the reason that college is not easy, nor does it allow cannon building. I've recently look back here maybe once or twice a day now however. I'll try to post that version in my front page post. And what's this about the air resistance bug? Is it a problem with my code?