Burst Fire

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Atlantis
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a burst fire cannon. This is what I'm looking for.
1: Pneumatic or Combustion, If combustion, please don't suggest propane.
2: I would like it to run off pre-filled tanks, I don't want it stuck on a continuous air supply.
3: It should fire about 3 shots. (Fires 3 then is empty kinda thing, I don't need multiple burst.)
4: It can be turret mounted. (Preffered for parties.)
5: I want to stick with 1 barrel, 3 barrels just makes it pointless.
6: Preferably potatoes with PVC shells, or other ammo...
Full auto just seems overkill, that would be a waste of potatoes.
This would be fun to show off, I won't take all the credit though, I'll paint whoever helps's name on it.
This could be great or it could suck, but I appreciate any help with this. I'll post my own ideas later.
P.S. It does'nt have to be all PVC just the cannon parts, the mechanisms can be made of wood or something, no welding.
Attachments
Needs some kind of mechanism to pushes the shells onto the barrel. Might be capable of full auto with a motor. Maybe a gatling kind of spring loaded rod that pulls back as it spins.
Needs some kind of mechanism to pushes the shells onto the barrel. Might be capable of full auto with a motor. Maybe a gatling kind of spring loaded rod that pulls back as it spins.
Burst 1.JPG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
"There isn't a problem in the world that can't be solved by the proper application of explosives"