still confused about the different types

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
feathers
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:48 am

no i talked to him mine is different its a diaphram antisiphon and he said it would be fine
mikemurph
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 am

Nice cannon feathers, I'm not going to rant about DWV (its been done (above)) I've built an under over with that kind of sprinkler valve. For opening the valve, you will probably need at least 24 volts of power going through that push button, so 3 9v would be sufficient. On a different note, I love the C02 set up.
P.S. your lucky when the glue bursted off it wasn't on fire. (see my post on "share your cannon accident" that stuff burns like hell :evil: )
Hubb
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 am

i would defenatly look into hubs book on the sprinkler valve. it will tell you how to mod the sprinkler and how the one you have restricts flow majorly
Yeah, I got a closeup look at his valve. It is an anti-siphon sprinkler valve but his has a diaphragm (like an inline) instead of the usual piston that is found in most of them. It will still restrict flow moreso than an inline, but this one is able to pneumatically modified, which will definitely make up for any flow restrictions, although it still won't outperform an inline valve.

Feathers, I would recommend that you do some of the modifications to the anti-siphon sprinkler valve that are in the book. It will help you out a lot, whether you keep it electrically activated or not.
feathers
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:41 pm

ok i will look into it

i know the chamber is rated to 280 psi but does any one know if the 1 inch is different, i just dont feel safe when i air this up

i read your accident thats pretty bad
feathers
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 pm

mikemurph wrote:Nice cannon feathers, I'm not going to rant about DWV (its been done (above)) I've built an under over with that kind of sprinkler valve. For opening the valve, you will probably need at least 24 volts of power going through that push button, so 3 9v would be sufficient. On a different note, I love the C02 set up.
P.S. your lucky when the glue bursted off it wasn't on fire. (see my post on "share your cannon accident" that stuff burns like hell :evil: )
yeah i was testing it with 1 9v today at 60 psi and it seemed like the soleniod was opening slow it made a farting sound