What the sherif said about my spud guns...

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
THUNDERLORD
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Moonbogg wrote:I duno, I just can't see anyone having issues while toting a cannon and a sack of potatoes.
Might have the problem that they'll want to shoot them all!!!

Anyway, one time back when the clown bill cl!nton was president,
And High capacity mags (over 10 rd.s) were illegal to manufacture or import...And the price had gone from for example 15-$20 for 15 or 17 rd.
factory 9mm mags up to $85-$125+...(future 500% investment if same occurs under barruuuk hosein obbummer) (the bill expired and Bush never resigned it, price is down and they're legal again still)...

Anyhow, I noticed there was a clause for "police or military"...
So mistakenly thinking there was one single cool cop on the planet,
I clued one in to the fact, he could buy them since he's police and sell them at great profit probably...as well as inquiring...
Just then his partner flat out lied saying they were ALL illegal and he would lock up anyone possesing them...
The one I was talking to had to correct him, but he still insisted and argued although we both Knew he was wrong...

Anyhow also, I've study the law a bit (due to interest in muzzleloader type stuff and possible manufacture of .50 BMG's)
I was surprised to learn in USA it's legal for an individual to build even a cased cartridge firearm, however it can not be sold OR transfered to anyone else, and can not be full auto OR a shotgun with less than 18" barrel... :shock:
(I felt stupid for methodically and meticulously disassembling and disposing of my childhood zip-gun collection to say the least).
-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!
blackhawk13
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:13 pm

legally the term destructive device(as mentioned above) refers to any firearm with an internal caliber of over .50 inches and that is not recognised by the government for sporting use. that is from memory not directly quoted. if that infogets you in trouble it is not my fault.
CS

Donating Members

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I think the simple logic of it all is that you shouldn't be shooting around houses, the same people that would call the police. So if your out in some open landscape or a gun range police won't be entertained.

Also keeping the decibel level of cannon reasonable helps out our free associating counterparts. Ear muffs help too if you know what I mean.