ok this is problably the hardest questions...

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Sun May 22, 2005 9:10 am

youll ever answer.ive never made one of these guns and they look easy to make.i dont have any experience with wires and stuff.i want to make the mini pill gun.could someone guide me step by step on how to?thanx!!!oh and also later i want to make a bigger gun(not humoungous but like about 18 inches big and i want it to shoot tennis balls,paintballs,and toy soldiers and stuff?is there any tips you can give to a noob to make one?i think to make one like the one i mentioned your gonna need to make it be able to connect like the tip to the base to make it shoot whatever you want.are these really hard to make?about how much does a big one cost and a small one to make?are these illegal in california?do you think i could take one of these to mexico through an airplane with me as luggage?or should i just take it unassembled and assemble t over there.or should i just buy one of a site?is there any sites that sell them already painted with designs?thanx alot i hope this wont be too much for you guy and thanx again i appreciate it!!!
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 22, 2005 9:51 am

ok, u can find the answer to basicaly every question u just asked if u just lokk aroun don this sight. there are many many plans to building and lots of information. just look around.
quote from freefall, "i will use google before i ask stupid questions"
i got connections with the modfia, watch who ur talkin to noob.

talk to me on AIM at iamthwalrus3
demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Sun May 22, 2005 10:14 am

ok i think im better off buying 1 but the only think im gonna make is the mini pill now tose look easy!!!!
correct me if im wrong but this is how i understand how to built the mini pill
1.get pen cut the sides off
2.get pill bottle and drill a hole and
stick pen to the pill bottle.
3.get 2 nails and put them on the sides
4.wrap the ignitor wire around the screws
5.fuel
6.cover
7. press ignitor and watch it blast!!
am i right?
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 22, 2005 10:28 am

yes, that basicaly sound right. what gun r u planing on buying, and from who r u buying it from??

demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Sun May 22, 2005 10:40 am

this website
http://www.spudgun.com/
i am planning on buying this one
http://www.spudgun.com/dogtr.htm
but i couldnt find it on the order form lets see if you can do you think this could shoot toy slodiers with parachute?
or if they dont have it i will buy this
http://www.spudgun.com/tp_launcher.htm
with this
http://www.spudgun.com/gun1.htm
do you reccomend a better cheaper site?or where else can i buy one?do you know of any site that sells the mini tennis ball shooter cause i dont think they have that here and thats really what i want cause its small.do you think i could take it to mexico with my luggage?
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 22, 2005 11:12 am

i would recomend u buy from spudtech.com and im sure a lot of ppl here will agree. also both gun u want to buy are so simple to make, they're just a basic combustion. there are plans for them everywhere, save ur money and just make ur own.

spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 pm

you shouldnt buy from spudgun.com, they put the ignitors right in the cannon, and it might rocket out and take off your finger, so go with buying one from joel http://www.spudtech.com as far as your pill bottle gun, you need to secure the pen tube somehow, use epoxy or JB weld, as both should be rated to about 2000 psi, glue may not hold it, and dont put nails in it, use screws, using nails will crack the sides of the pill bottle
demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Sun May 22, 2005 9:51 pm

yeah i meant to say screws.would crazy glu work?thanx again!!!
spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mon May 23, 2005 3:22 am

crazy glue might work, i'm not sure, but i'd go with the epoxy to be safe
demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Mon May 23, 2005 4:20 pm

ok first i need to know 2 more questions.would they let me bring a spud gun to mexico by plane(meaning inside with my luggage)?if i bring it to mexico i might bring it detached so would they?and second question is are these legal or illegal in La california?thanx you guys are great help!!!
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Mon May 23, 2005 4:28 pm

they are legal in the US in general but some places dont want u to have them, and also if u check ur gun u should be able to, not 100%, but u probably wont get it in with carry on. also u should check and see if they are legal in mexico, they prolly are, but jsut make sure.

demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Mon May 23, 2005 5:11 pm

heck yeah they are they dont ive a crap in mexico!!!!thanx again man you guys are the best!!i think i am gonna buy it because if i make it theres a bigger hazard then if i buy from someone with experience!!!ima take it to mexico cause theres more open space and neibors dont care
demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Mon May 23, 2005 5:13 pm

does it cost money to check my gun cause ive never ever brought a weapon on plane
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Mon May 23, 2005 5:25 pm

just put it in ur baggage disassembled, they wont know what it is, and they prolly wont think its a gun, im not sure, but i dont think they x-ray checked item but im not 100%

demon5000
Private 2
Private 2

Mon May 23, 2005 5:44 pm

thanx again ill try!!