Australian Spudgun Laws.

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Naw Chaos, I am not poking fun of ya'll.I just feel your pain on the gun control issue.I have to lose my beloved guns when I move.

Bubba, your female Cops must be good looking, cause down where I live our lady cops are more intimidating than the men.
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Our lady cops got nice behinds and nice guns :P And Bubba, mind if I worship you for a bit? I love holden v8s and hittin on the females in blue.
Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
joe blogs
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Where i live in northern NSW near byron bay the cops usually turn a blind eye to simple combusion and pneumatic launchers but if it looks the slightest bit complicated and high tech they confiscate them, and if there are enough launchers they parade them on the local news as "weapons busts".
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" General S Patton
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:16 pm

spking of cops not caring about spudguns.... i Live in the U.S and i live NEXT to a cop. it freaked him out the first time he saw them but now he comes and shoots spuds with me sometimes....... Then mabey im just lucky........
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:00 am

VH_man wrote:spking of cops not caring about spudguns.... i Live in the U.S and i live NEXT to a cop. it freaked him out the first time he saw them but now he comes and shoots spuds with me sometimes....... Then mabey im just lucky........
I hate you...Nah just kidding ya lucky bloke
-
CpTn_lAw
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:37 am

It sucks Austrailia has all those laws tho. I dunno if im being stereotipical but you gus have ALOT of land down there........ makes me wonder why there a problem.
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:40 am

Easy more than 95% of aussies live in and around major cities and pretty much all of ours (except Canberra) are on the coast and therefore in the most populated areas. Cept me coz Im special and in the rural areas :P
-
CpTn_lAw
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:44 am

Gaa. reminds me of the mean old rich dude that owns like a gazzilion acres behind my house. he almost called the cops on me because i was flying my RC airplane......... i swear when that guy goes away im gonna be over there EVERY day shootin stuff..............
flameray
Private
Private

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:51 am

Hey there guys. This is an email from the victorian justice department a while back. Hope it helps all us victorians (woo!) out there.

"RE: Victorian law on potato cannons

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 11 November 2006 requesting information on the law in Victoria on potato cannons. I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

Potato cannons fall within the definition of a ‘firearm’ for the purposes of the Firearms Act 1996. This means you must hold an appropriate licence and the cannon must be registered with Victoria Police. The type of license required will depend on the method used to power the cannon. You will need to apply for a Category A licence if the cannon is powered by compressed air, or a Category E licence if it is powered by combustible gas. Depending on the category of firearm, you are also subject to storage requirements under the Act, and various other usage requirements such as not using the firearm in a public place.

I suggest you contact Victoria Police Licensing Services Division in order to apply for and register the potato cannon, and obtain more information about the responsibilities of owning a firearm in Victoria. "
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:17 am

Screw the long arm of the law I shall forge my own laws of physics :P But seriously Ive got too many cousins to hide at
-
CpTn_lAw
Solar
Corporal
Corporal
United States of America

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Does anyone know how I can get my pneumatic semi auto 40mm inspected for Aussie requirements? What if it is sold as a shark repellent cannister launcher? This is one of our markets. Anyone interested in being our Aussie rep?
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:52 pm

Well if you sold it as a paintball weapon and come up with grenades specifically for it Im sure the laws will allow it in here...hopefully
-
CpTn_lAw
flameray
Private
Private

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Solar wrote:Does anyone know how I can get my pneumatic semi auto 40mm inspected for Aussie requirements? What if it is sold as a shark repellent cannister launcher? This is one of our markets. Anyone interested in being our Aussie rep?

The best way to register it, would be for "sport/target practise reason". Inspection is done at the firearms registry. If it's for the use of a canister launcher for a legitimate purpose(shark repellent) I'm sure your argument would bear much more weight. My cousin is planning on registering his pneumatic down at the cop-shop in about half a week. I'll let you know how he goes.
joe blogs
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:04 pm

The best way to register it, would be for "sport/target practise reason". Inspection is done at the firearms registry. If it's for the use of a canister launcher for a legitimate purpose(shark repellent) I'm sure your argument would bear much more weight. My cousin is planning on registering his pneumatic down at the cop-shop in about half a week. I'll let you know how he goes.[/quote]

good luck
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" General S Patton
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:31 pm

Your quote got screwed man but yeah good luck, knowing the pigs :(
-
CpTn_lAw