Kentucky Shootout This Week!

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
sgort87
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Donating Members

Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:45 pm

We encourage anyone who can, to come to the spud gun shootout in Kentucky for the week of the 4th of July. I'll be driving out and arriving late Monday and will be staying until Saturday. You can show up and leave anywhere in that time frame.

This is gonna be a camp-out type shootout so bring your tents, sleeping bags, and guitars - and of course, the guns, ammo, materials, and tools. Devin Cherry (SMOWK on here) is hosting the event at his house. It's still under construction, so this is why we are camping. There is a completed garage with electricity to be used as a workspace. You will need enough food for yourself, and extra is appreciated just in case. We will be going out to eat a few times, I'm sure. Bring clothes and deodorant, please. Showers may be scarce.

As I said before, I am coming out for the whole week, and I'll be bringing a dual Mauler Valved launcher with 6" chambers, the Blue Flame III, 4 extra Mauler Valves, small pneumatic launchers, my tools, extra building materials including pipe and fittings, a compressor and hoses, and my chronograph. Anyone else with a compressor is encouraged to bring it along with any other things like materials and tools. There will be things in need of repair, and we WILL be working on new projects and official tests.

Others who are coming include NeoSpud (Mr.Plow on SpudTech), UTCPyro from SpudTech, and Boomer_ on these forums. All are welcome. For information on the location, email me at sgort87@hotmail.com. Get on this people. It's only a week away!
Last edited by sgort87 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Modderxtrordanare
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Donating Members

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:21 pm

That sounds awesome, too bad I live in Texas, or I'd go.

Shouldn't this be posted here? :wink:
Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:29 pm

That would be amazing. if i could afford to drive or fly i would totaly make it out there, Be sure to post lots of pis/vids of yalls good ol' time!
sgort87
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Donating Members

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:32 pm

The reason I put it in General is because more people look there and it's getting very close to the event.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Unfurtuneitly i wasn't able to get out of dept far enough to be able to go. Well....at least it gave me insentive to work harder. Credit cards are evil! Anyway take lots of pictures and video's if you can. Maby 1 with eveyone standing behind a sign saying "Eat your harts out noshows!".
sgort87
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Donating Members

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:28 am

Man, it really seems like no one wants to come to this. We got 8 people coming. I guess that isn't so bad. But I figured we'd at least have a few people in here considering the trip.

I assure you, it's worth it.
joannaardway
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:12 am

Hell, I'd come if I could, but a transatlantic flight is bad enough anyway, without having to explain to Customs what exactly I have a bag full of copper "guns" for.
Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
pyromaniac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:14 am

sgort87 wrote:Man, it really seems like no one wants to come to this. We got 8 people coming. I guess that isn't so bad. But I figured we'd at least have a few people in here considering the trip.

mopherman and I wanted to come but hes on his way to florida and i just came abck froma vacation, and my pparents dont want to spend even more money on gas.
:pottytrain3:
mopherman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:38 pm

pyromaniac wrote:
sgort87 wrote:Man, it really seems like no one wants to come to this. We got 8 people coming. I guess that isn't so bad. But I figured we'd at least have a few people in here considering the trip.

mopherman and I wanted to come but hes on his way to florida and i just came abck froma vacation, and my pparents dont want to spend even more money on gas.
yes, i realy want to go. but sadly im in alabama. sorry i couldnt grace you with my attendance :(
crazymoron010
Private
Private

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Sounds fun wish i could go but i'm broke and i don't have my license yet.
Boomer_
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:39 pm

If anyone would be so kind as to bring any large diameter ammunition (2.5" sdr 26, 3" sch 40 and 80, and 4" sch 40) to the Shootout that would be greatly appreciated, because I am bringing along my dual mauler cannon.

Thanks,
Boomer
I wish I had a better signature...