Thanks Folks!

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:34 am

Thanks folks out there for loving SpudFiles so much. I started to receive these emails from someone titled "Matt Phatt-Patt"

Due to a sudden hard drive failure on the machine I use to work on SpudFiles, I don't have quite all of the emails that were exchanged (the very beginning emails), however I have all of the important ones...
From Matt to PCGUY
Subject: Your ass is grass and I'm a lawn-mower.

> > > > It used to be about the spuds but now its been taken out by corporate
> > > > sell outs. What can you say for yourself.
> > > >
> > > > Well I have one leaving comment.
> > > >
> > > > YIpie-Kay-Yay-Mother-Trucker!!!!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Oh soryy did i say "trucker"? I meant FU-CK-ER! pcguy censor
Then
From PCGUY to Matt

> Excuse me? So far I have no idea what you are talking about...
From Matt to PCGUY

spudfiles is a load of shit
From PCGUY to Matt

> Cool, while I run a successful site you can just sit there and yell
> about it all you want.
From Matt to PCGUY

A SUCCESFUL site. Spudfiles is full of obeice idiots who have to much time on their hands, your site is anything but succesful. it is a mere dictatorship. You threaten your members with the thought of banning them. And you pressure the new members into being a complete manslave/bitch.

Even so, you run a site which is illegal in almost every country except America. And is so pointless and stupid. All you people do is ask questions about pipes and pressure and all that shit. There will always be more questions. Noone will ever make a perfect spudgun! Even if they do, what use is it to anyone other than saying how you made. then everyone can have a perfect spudgun. Then what do you do with the perfect spudgun. Your site is leading to its own destruction. As well as it being the most pointless site made.

Thanks viewers!

:roll: :cry:
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:48 am

Oh dear.
Spudfiles is full of obeice idiots
I'm well within my BMI, thank you very much.
And is so pointless and stupid. All you people do is ask questions about pipes and pressure and all that crap. There will always be more questions. Noone will ever make a perfect spudgun! Even if they do, what use is it to anyone other than saying how you made. then everyone can have a perfect spudgun. Then what do you do with the perfect spudgun. Your site is leading to its own destruction. As well as it being the most pointless site made.
Ah, this is great. If you look at it in a wider philosophical perspective, what is the point of doing ANYTHING, considering life has no fundamental purpose and we're all going to die anyway. Somehow, building devices that can blow large holes in stuff and generate that "fork in hell, I made that!" adrenaline rush is infinitely less pointless than collecting stamps or coins.

I'm guessing this is some disgruntled ex-member who failed at spudding and is just venting his/her frustration.

Also:
corporate sell outs
What? this isn't McSpudfiles.com, where did capitalism figure into it?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:15 am

There will always be more questions. Noone will ever make a perfect spudgun!
And that's why I keep coming back, if we made the perfect spudgun a few years ago, chances are half of us would already be over this hobby.

Well Matt Phatt-Phatt probably wont see what I just said but oh well.

Any chance you could get an IP from this guy and run it through spudfiles members' IP's?
Novacastrian
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 am

HaHAHAhhhHhAha,erhemmm that is funny shite, don't be surprised if it is from our old friend "Cannon Cre8tor".

As for my bmi index as it stands- i'm not going to tell you. I do however exhibit a 4% body fat index- mo fo.
America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.
MaxuS the 2nd
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:21 am

He's just a wannabe, probably a newb who had his nads blown part way across the drive when his DWV cannon, fueled by Acetylene exploded.
Novacastrian
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:24 am

MaxuS the 2nd wrote:He's just a wannabe, probably a newb who had his nads blown part way across the drive when his DWV cannon, fueled by Acetylene exploded.
All we can do is wish Maxus- all we cando is wish>
America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:42 am

MaxuS the 2nd wrote:probably a newb who had his nads blown part way across the drive when his DWV cannon, fueled by Acetylene exploded.
That would explain the whiny, high-pitched tone of his e-mails :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:22 am

A rearing of Tony maybe?From what I know PCGuy and Tony didn't get off to well due to the profits of this site or something and with some one making an official spudfiles cannon without payment yada yada.
MrCrowley

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 am

Pimpmann22 Tony?

No way, he is far above that and as far as I know still visits the forum.
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:36 am

True,he doesn't seem to be one to stoop to this level.I haven't seen him around the forums in a long while though.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 am

Sounds like some annoyed (ex-)member, who clearly sucks more than an industrial vacuum cleaner.

And he's wrong on a lot of his facts.
Spudfiles is clearly not full of idiots, because I'm the only idiot, and there are a couple of half-wits at any one time, as well as a moron and a pair of twits, but that's not the whole forum population.
As I'm the only idiot, and I'm not obese, he's way off.

But he is right that no-one will ever make a perfect spudgun. But that's because perfect is a matter of opinion.
One person can make a spudgun that's good for them, but it's very unlikely to be absolutely perfect for them, and another person may not like it at all.

It's like asking about the perfect firearm - a (nearly) perfect firearm would be silent, have the power of a Barrett, but be the size and weight of a .22 pistol, have a 6000 round magazine, be accurate to a millimetre at 10 miles, be recoil free, fire a hundred times a second - and only cost a dollar for the gun, and you get a million rounds a cent.

That's never going to happen - so why should we expect any spudgun to ever be perfect?

But even when I know what I build will never be perfect, I'm not going to quit, because you don't need to be a hundredth of the way to perfect to have a truck load of fun. I know my next project will be great to build and use, and if I ever get round to the combustion minigun... :D
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Hotwired
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:56 am

Well, the very subject line of the messages declares hes somewhat of a chocolate starfish muncher, can't be surprised when what he says sounds like excrement.

Now he can get lost and have an equally chocolate tinged whinge at life in general for being imperfect, having no possibility of being so, having no ultimate aim and of course selling out to become another corporate slave to death.
TurboSuper
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:05 am

I think by "corporate sellouts", he's referring to the Google ads on the site.

All I have to say to that is: If you have a better way of paying for the site that still keeps membership free, let's hear it.

Oh, and it helps to spell things right when calling someone else an idiot, lest you get into pot/kettle territory :)
"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 am

a (nearly) perfect firearm would be silent, have the power of a Barrett, but be the size and weight of a .22 pistol, have a 6000 round magazine, be accurate to a millimetre at 10 miles, be recoil free, fire a hundred times a second - and only cost a dollar for the gun, and you get a million rounds a cent.
Sounds like a brilliant weapon for CQB, though overpenetration might be an issue :D
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 am

PCGUY, this is the opinion of one guy, who obviously doesn't understand one damn bit about this hobby. Don't let it get to you.

For one, what is the point of ANYTHING? I'd have to say, as well, that there is a hell of a lot more good that comes out of building launchers than spending your life downloaded illegal movies and drawing fan art. :roll:

As for corporate sell-outs... there are only a few sites that sell products, and they don't push the merchandise too heavily. Every single product is described to such detail on this site that, if anybody took the time to research, they wouldn't ever have to buy anything from BCarms or Launchpotatoes or others. Even the notorious Supah valve has been stripped down to it's components and photographed. The stores are mainly for convenience on top of anything. I guarantee you that every person who runs one of these stores isn't rich, and is most probably working another job on their free time, (I know Sgort works in a music shop. The rest are in school and are probably working a part-time job).