LaunchPotatoes Sponsor Discussion

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:32 pm

To avoid bloat in the actual sponsorship topic, I split the prior discussion about UltimateSpudGun into it's own topic, and I am creating this topic for discussion about SpudFiles newest sponsor, LaunchPotatoes.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Isn't this gort's site? I don't think there'll be much discussion given his obvious credentials on the forum :)
Carlman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 pm

glad to have him onboard!

hey pc, where he google ad is at the top, could that be replaced with all the sponsors and it moved to he bottom somewhere, it was a mission to find gorts site.
Aussie spudders unite!!
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:22 am

I thought I'd seen that cannon before, and recognized it as gorts blue flame!

Thanks gort, and good luck with sales :D
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
frankrede
Sergeant Major 2
Sergeant Major 2

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:14 am

I ordered a mauler from his site and in my experience, the quality and service sgort offers is astounding. When there was a delay in my order sgort kept constant contact with me and gave me excellent customer service, unlike our previous sponsor.
Current project: Afghanistan deployment
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

hey pc, where he google ad is at the top, could that be replaced with all the sponsors and it moved to he bottom somewhere, it was a mission to find gorts site.
Agreed. I didn't notice it until I read this topic. I'd just put it below Mike's ad or below the "random cannom" box.

I think Gort will appeal to the hobbyist while Mike takes care of the big spenders. Win-win.

(Though gort, I do have one complaint... $19 is a lot for a pushbutton igniter! All other prices are quite good. And could you add a picture for the "shredder" golf ball gun?)
daberno123
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:14 pm

I agree with Carlman and _Fnord that his ad should be moved as I too missed it until reading this thread.

Another question, how many sponsors do you plan on getting?

Not to hijack but any chance of a Spudtech sponsorship. They seem like a given with the previous association with our site.
FishBoy
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Carlman wrote:glad to have him onboard!

I had to do some looking to find his ad also. A friend of mine has ordered from there a few times, and I keep thinking about getting one of those maulers. I also think that since spudtech is back in buiseness, and is essentially the mother of this site, it should be considered as a sponsor (if they are willing of course)
"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!
benstern
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Donating Members

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 am

yay gort!

btw are we still selling sgorts in the shop?
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 am

benstern wrote:btw are we still selling sgorts in the shop?
We are indeed: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/shop_in ... em,11.html
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 am

seems like a nice shop but ti's a pitty that there is nothing for higher pressures there ( apart from 3/4" QEV)
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am

I think what you guys don't quite realize is that the way selling off ad spaces works is exactly as it sounds, there is a particular space and it gets sold for X$. LaunchPotatoes has a left banner that you see when reading through a thread, and he has the main forum page header. To own the header across all of SpudFiles, it would be too expensive for 1 company to buy. Adsense remains in the spots that are not sold off. Ads are supposed to be stumbled upon, not pushed onto people.

As far as to how many sponsors I will get, the only limit is how many ad spaces I have. Eventually if I get enough, I won't have to use Adsense.

As far as SpudTech goes, I have spoke with Jeremy (the new owner) however nothing is happening anytime soon if at all.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
sgort87
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Donating Members

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Glad to see you guys are so welcoming. I look forward to making more parts for you all.

What I am really looking for is input for my site. If there is anything I can do to make it more appealing to you guys as far as navigation, graphics, or new products, please let me know. I'm up for about anything!

And yeah, the price for the BBQ is pretty high. It's gotta be worth my time, especially because it costs me a big chunk to get it. I will drop it a lil though.
rp181
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 pm

higher res pics would be nice =)
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

New banner for ya ;)