"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Just in case you didn't see, although I don't really see his channel getting shut down:

[youtube][/youtube]
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Same journalist.

What a twat.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Same journalist.

What a twat.
I actually saw that on the De Franco show a little later on, you speak the truth. :?

EDIT: grammar
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 am

So I was looking for gauge replacement for my Honda. Found plenty good looking digital ones that has everything but my bike has an analog odometer and trip meter operated by a cable... Is there any adapter that converts the analog signal into digital?
Edit: Never mind that cabe I thought was to detecting gear shift is the digital rotation sensor...
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am

Threw this hot rod together a couple weekends ago, got tired of taking public transportation to class :lol:

Maxing out at about 30 (that's mph), going to mess with the mixture in the carb and see if I can get her 2 horses revving a little higher. It might not look like much but it's a blast to ride around, and uses barely any gas!
Attachments
motorbike - Copy.JPG
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:31 am

Remember to use a hairmet! :lol:
Joke aside, put at least a front suspension and disc brake.
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:09 am

Gun Freak wrote:Threw this hot rod together...
Nice, more details on the engine? I feel like you could get about the same speed pedalling really, really hard though. :D

Also,

Ever feel like playing the piano with some sunglasses? :D
20170411_003737.jpg
Just whipped together this kit (which is mostly 0805 stuff to get the actual circuit working with a bunch of random smaller form factor pads and components for practice). I can use a lot, lot more practice, but it works. :P

[youtube][/youtube]

It's just your average 555/4017 led chaser in a circle getting fancy with the counter outputs.

EDIT: missed GF's post before I posted this.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

mark.f wrote:Just in case you didn't see, although I don't really see his channel getting shut down
Unfortunately, the only correct response to The Daily Mail, or any variant thereof*, turning up on the doorstep is to tell them to leave, then immediately contact your lawyer to start building a libel case.

They're sensationalist liars who thrive on hate news. If they decide they want to run a smear article, then there's nothing that can possibly be said in an interview that will make them change their minds.

* In fact, any news organisation who arrive uninvited. Any newspaper who had any intention of interviewing fairly would get in contact first. Turning up unannounced is a foot-in-the-door tactic intended to put the interviewee at a disadvantage.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Threw this hot rod together a couple weekends ago, got tired of taking public transportation to class :lol:
Ah, looks like it's powered by a hybrid chamber driving a captive reciprocating piston! Step by step, we're finally getting there :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 am

GF, thought you didn't like hybrids....

On the topic of those doodads, I wouldn't bother touching the carby, not much gain there really. Whip the head off, tidy up the ports with a dremel, chuck on a banana pipe if you're really keen, then drop a few teeth on the rear sprocket if it accelerates well. Should up the top speed. Then buy a motorbike because motorbikes are awesome

In other news, howdy again folks
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 am

'Sup Zoos. Any doodads since your last visit?
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 am

Uhhhhh, nothing exciting by the standards of the forum. Lots of motorbikes, found a totally different career which it seems I'm prodigiously good at, otherwise just work and life!
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:00 am

Anybody have time for a short educational video?

[youtube][/youtube]

:D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

Better than any soldering I've ever accomplished ;)

How about a nice overview of the P90?

[youtube][/youtube]
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 am

So I changed the blinkers of my bike from 21w bulb to 5w, what do I need to do to get them blink again? Now they are just solid on. I tried changing the resistor of the original blinker control relay but didn't work...