remote air chamber

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
golfball_shooter
Private
Private

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 pm

I recently purchased a golfball launcher. After doing more research, I have decided to make one of my own design. A couple of questions quickly come to mind in my thought process...
I would like to have the air chamber connected to the launcher using a high pressure hose. Is there any reason this should be a significant effciency issue if the hose is the same inside diameter as the air chamber/valve/barrel fittings?
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 am

Just avoid dead space in between the golf ball and valve and it should be fine.

Welcome to Spudfiles. :mrgreen:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 am

Is there any reason this should be a significant efficiency issue if the hose is the same inside diameter as the air chamber/valve/barrel fittings?
In most circumstances a long thin pipe as a chamber would likely give you less velocity as opposed to a short fat one given the same volume, though this difference would not be a significant one in practical terms.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
golfball_shooter
Private
Private

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am

Thanks for the welcome, hope to contribute myself someday...

Both responses made logical sense to me, just wanted to be sure logic fit application

thanks