spool valve design. primary intention: paintball

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
markdem
Private
Private
United States of America

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:30 am

i came up with this design a few years ago and my intentions were to keep it secret until i could come up with a better prototype version that i could eventually produce and sell. my dream was - and still is - to have it cast in aluminium, very similarly to the Tippmann SL68's.

the prototype was a semi-success. very first gassing up was video recorded. malfunction was initially thought to be burrs from machining tearing up the o-rings. however my assumption now is that i was using cheap o-rings which swelled from pressurized co2. sadly i cant verify this assumption because the prototype is now in a landfill somewhere but i am fairly confident because i made a pump action nelson valve after this prototype with buna-N o-rings which worked quite well.

If anybody would like to use this information to create one of their own, i just ask to be given credit for the initial design and prototype. thank you

[youtube][/youtube]
animation of concept
animation of concept
metric
metric
measured schematic METRIC.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
english for you old-world primitive types
english for you old-world primitive types
measured schematic ENGLISH.png (5.99 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
all parts pre-assembly
all parts pre-assembly
20170610_021940 - Copy.jpg
20170610_021948 - Copy.jpg
this is the concept which i believe to be the best. the trigger holds back both the bolt AND keeps the paintball in place at the same time
this is the concept which i believe to be the best. the trigger holds back both the bolt AND keeps the paintball in place at the same time
triggered.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
basically how i wanted the thing to look when i was done. pump action - of course
basically how i wanted the thing to look when i was done. pump action - of course
triggered pump.png (20.12 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 am

Nice work, I like it.

Interesting idea!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:28 pm

That's a really clever design. I like it! Nice work as well. Very interesting.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 am

I like the simple design. Good job.