Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Forum layout and "wasted" screen space

Comments, Suggestions, Questions, anything to do with the website or community it's self. This is a place to express thoughts about making this community better.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Forum layout and "wasted" screen space

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:53 am

sfwastedspace.jpg

Almost 50% of the screen space to each side is "wasted", seems a little archaic. Is there a way to have the actual data fill the screen? Another drawback is that some externally hosted images are not resized correctly and the right edge gets cut off...

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Forum layout and "wasted" screen space

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 am

In short a happy medium is the goal, I think PCGUY has reached it. As for the issues you mentioned has other forums done the same thing on the same device at the same connection point?

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 pm

I think it's more that the text in posts would be harder to read in a wide format, if I wrote several paragraphs with use of the full screen and same text size as you pan you view back over to start the next line you loose track of which line you were on.
I just wish the boxes on the left were more consistent, I'd love to see latest threads while in a thread, instead I keep a separate tab

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 am

That's what I was thinking, I wish 'recent topics ' was way longer, or even an open box with my recent posts in it, instead I have to go searching in my profile under 'view your posts'

farcticox1
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:08 am

jrrdw wrote:In short a happy medium is the goal, I think PCGUY has reached it. As for the issues you mentioned has other forums done the same thing on the same device at the same connection point?

Let's take this recent post as an example, the last image is cropped on all the platforms I've checked it on. Don't you think that we could increase the default width by 25% without interfering with user experience. I'm on a 20 inch wide monitor right now and the forum is 10 inches wide, it does seem a little silly from where I'm standing.

I think it's more that the text in posts would be harder to read in a wide format, if I wrote several paragraphs with use of the full screen and same text size as you pan you view back over to start the next line you loose track of which line you were on.

I'm on other forums where it takes up the full width of the screen and I can't say it's been a problem.

I just wish the boxes on the left were more consistent, I'd love to see latest threads while in a thread, instead I keep a separate tab

Seconded.

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Website Discussion