Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Hunting Suggestion

Comments, Suggestions, Questions, anything to do with the website or community it's self. This is a place to express thoughts about making this community better.

Should this site have a hunting section

Total votes : 13
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm

As for accuracy, need I remind you of how way back when, before the rifled barrel was invented, people still took small game? You could get close in and use a single projectile, there’s also shotgun style, and has anybody ever tried shooting an arrow?

and muzzle loaders...they arent rifled..they use lead balls..(and some bullet shaped slugs....)

out of a spudgun? i have shot bolts (the ones for crossbows they are basically arrows but shorter) and the bolts are tremendesloy (sp?) accurate.. to bad they are expensive.. if someone wanted to hunt game with a spudgun they should use crossbow bolts or some sort of spheres... (think marbles/ lead balls...)

chaos shoots bolts to..well they were in the pics of his s400 and sss...

4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: drac » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Bottom line: spudguns were never made for hunting or shooting animals. It's illegal, cruel, and not what spudguns designed for. I'm gonna lock this topic unless another mod sees fit, so untill then, take your discussion somehwere else.

Return to Website Discussion