Bruiser

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby davidbowie » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:42 pm

I think there was a thread a while ago, although it may even be archived by now. All i remember is that it was a cool cannon.

I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by "repair coupling", although I do know that the short sections of 1/2" copper pipe that Home Depot sells make perfect barrels. They are the perfect length and diameter. 1/2" pvc also has a beautiful marble fit.
davidbowie

Postby BigBang » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:44 am

DR - I check in here pretty often to see what the new developments are. I do remember your marble machinge gun. It was a "cloud" type wasn't it? Anyway, I remember you mentioning the tight fit and that you had to sort out the ones you could use.

SniperJosh - I think when I go to Lowes the next time I'm going to take some marbles in my pocket. I have never thought to look at electrical conduit, and the curtain rod idea is a good one. I just wish I had more time to play.

BigBang
BigBang

Postby sniperjosh » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:57 pm

ah k, yeh, dont we all wish we had the time to just muck around with pneumatics and other cannons :). I think i can remember this creation by DR faintly, the cloud marble gun seems to jog my memory.

also, instead of taking the actual marbles, or other ammo, i find it easier, and less conspicuous to just use a vernier :)
sniperjosh

Previous

Return to Finished Cannons