Whats more powerful? pneumatic guns or Combustion?

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby utcpyro » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:50 am

Pneumatics are mor powerful for a given size, Hybrids are the most powerful for a given size....

bagntag, you fly or just know the guy that has that strip?
utcpyro

Postby bagntag » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:40 pm

Dude I do not know the guy who is posting. If I could make a video i would but I figureed you trust me.

I open the lid spray 9-12 seconds of deoderent or hair spray then i screw the lid on real quick and it shoots pretty far 150-200 yards. Just find any apples that will fit in the barrel and some cans also fit in their. I think it shoots to hard when you use cans (Shoulders start to hurt after a while) But thats just me. I deffently recomend a combustion cannon for beginners because there for 1.cheep and 2.easy . They go a pretty good distance . About as far as you need it to, and with much power also. They last a decent time if you clean it and use deoderent. I would first build combustion, and then afterwords If you dont like it build a pneumatics.
Heres a 3 second low quality video.... combustion. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +gun&hl=en
You could google video spud guns and see wich one you would rather have. Take note that not all spud guns are big like the one i made.
bagntag

Postby Triggahappy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:17 am

Im only 13 and havnt been into the hole spudding thing for much more than a year. In that time I have made one combustion and 6six pneumatics. I will admit that the sombustion is great and simple, but even a simple modded sprinkler valve with a half decent chamber size will be shooting 50-100 meters further.(Sorry dont know wat that is in yard, probably like 40-80)
Triggahappy

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner