Is this possable?

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby Dudemanbubguy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:54 am

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possable to make a launcher that would be able to fire a 40 ounce bottle. I would imagine that PVC would be up to the task, but I wanted to get opinions first.
Thanks!
Dudemanbubguy

Postby sgort87 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:15 am

Yes.

It depends what diameter your bottle is. I don't know what kind of bottle you are talking about, but I'm sure there's a pipe that would work as a good barrel for it.

Supply us with some more information as to how big you want this to be, what type of launcher, and what price range you have and we can help you out. Also, find the exact diameter of the bottle and/or tell us who makes these bottles.
sgort87

Postby Mr.Plow » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:49 pm

I presume you're talking about a <a href="http://www.40oz.ch/images/titel.jpg">forty</a>

I'm pretty sure a 4" diameter barrel with some wadding will do. From there, since I have no idea what type of launcher you want to make, its up to you.
Mr.Plow

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner