Solenoid for WBL

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby NiborDude » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:20 pm

Hello. I am a member of the super soaker community. I have created a water balloon launcher which uses a brass ball valve for releasing air. I am looking into replacing the ball valve with a solenoid valve. There are a couple questions I have though. Firstly, how does it work? Like, how does the valve open? Secondly, is there different shapes they come in? Lastly, how much further would it increase my range, if any? Thanks a lot.
NiborDude

Postby Jspellman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forums! Here all of your wildest dreams come true! Ok, maybe not ALL of them...Anyways, go here to read how a solenoid sprinkler valve works: http://www.spudtech.com/content.asp?id=21
Jspellman

Postby Dextromethorphan » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:42 pm

As far as increase your range...it will help a lot! Everyone says that. If you only launch water balloons, though, the force of the air might break the balloon with the quicker valve...although I'm not a peumatics expert.
Dextromethorphan

Postby NiborDude » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:35 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dextromethorphan
[br]As far as increase your range...it will help a lot! Everyone says that. If you only launch water balloons, though, the force of the air might break the balloon with the quicker valve...although I'm not a peumatics expert.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've been having some problems with that so I now use a foam cup to help the impact of the air. Thanks for the help.
NiborDude

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby PCGUY » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:46 pm

Tell us how it works out :)
PCGUY
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner