Propane meter?

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby Triggahappy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:24 am

I am upgrading my basic combusiton to a propane metered gun. my only question is if the meter needs to ball valves. Because I have seen a few guns with only one ball valve, and if this is still fuctioning and safe I'd rather only by the one ball valve.
Triggahappy

Postby Robcsmall » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:54 pm

Metering the gas is best done with two ball valves. How ever........

I like a remote filling station, one ball valve required. Put the reg w/Gage on the torch head. I like to use propane hose 12-16 inches depending on how big your chamber is. I like to work the numbers out so my fill is around 40-50 psi on the meter. Place the ball valve on the end of the hose.

Use quick disconnects after the ball valve on the fill station, and on your combustion chamber. Female on the chamber. Simply open the propane valve till the meter is at the desired PSI, then close the propane valve, attached to the launcher, open ball valve, close ball valve, disconnect from launcher. Works Great every Time.
Robcsmall

Return to Combustion Launchers