wiring a fan

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby Spudman07 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:10 am

It'll spin for about 3 or 4 seconds if I give it a little push. I have checked to make sure that there is enough clearance on all sides of teh fan blades.
Spudman07

Postby Mr.Plow » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SkweezMyCheez
[br]how did you attach that handle mr plow?, im liking it i may have to use that design
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Two bolts attach it to the chamber. The first is in the intersection of the forward coupling and the clear 4", and the second is in the intersection of the clear 4" and the 4" female adapter. I attached the BBQ igniter electrodes to the bolts and ran a 1-gap sparkstrip along the chamber wall.
Mr.Plow

Postby Spudman07 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 pm

Just so you guys know, I got the whole fan thing figured out. The circuit board was shot. I guess it either suffered from getting wet or from teh explosion. I got a new fan mounted and everything is good. I'll have to get some info and pics about the new cannon.
Spudman07

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers