PVC question

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby Mr.Plow » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:39 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you guys 100% sure this PVC is strong enough?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Of course not. Since we can't actually be there and know everything there is to know, we make educated guesses based on our experiences. Statistically speaking, we believe you'll be OK. One hundred percent certainty is not really possible. Anyways, get building!
Mr.Plow

Postby FLONE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:05 am

And after you've finished this one you will have already started planning the 2nd generation spudder. Learning from building this one and applying the knowledge gathered from these forums will make #2 a lot better. Planning and building are like appetizers to a meal.
FLONE

Postby An Apple Pie » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:46 am

Wait your PVC is blue? Awesome:D. I wish I had blue PVC. Is it like a very faint blue or is it a nice color?

Anyways hope your gun works out okay. What are you using for fuel? Just remeber Hair Spray=BAD

Sgort likes FLONE more than me:(.
An Apple Pie

Postby Relax.SA » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:53 pm

I'm going to use BRUT deodorant. Of course the guy at the shop gave me a wrong size reducer, so I will be getting a new one soon. I'm also upgrading to the 50mm barrel.
Relax.SA

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby FLONE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:50 pm

I still think Static Guard is the unofficial equal of the original Right Guard formula. Unfortunately it is more expensive based on size. OUST air sanitizer works well, nice flames too.
FLONE

Postby FLONE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:52 pm

Apple Pie, you are all right in my book! Just don't sniff the freshly combusted chamber fumes like I do.
FLONE

Postby joannaardway » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:45 am

Blue PVC? Cool.

I know it's a little late to say it, but I normally reckon that any rating is fine for a combustion - anything the manufacturer reckons is worth rating is going to be alright.

Should be nice when it's all done.
joannaardway

Postby SpudStuff » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:53 pm

Sounds like the C900 Pipe that is required in california. It is more flexible I think. They use it for Water Mains. The only other "color" PVC pipe I know of id the purple stuff for reclaimed water. It is made of recycled plastic and is the equivilent of SDR-21 thinwall.
SpudStuff

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers