the steel projectile

Post questions and info about things you have launched or thought about launching. No posts about explosive projectiles!

Postby jimmy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:32 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fidgety
[br]this is aerodynamically stable
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
How do you know that?

Any simple, regularly shaped, uniform density object is aerodynamically unstable. For example, cylinders, spheres, cubes, rectangles are all unstable when made from a constant density material.

Bullets (a simple, regularly shaped uniform density object) are aerodynamiclly unstable, hence the need to spin the round by rifling the barrel to keep the round from tumbling.
jimmy

Postby Freefall » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">plus i gave as detailed instructions as i could with out pictures<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thank you for learning to use the edit button to add the detail that should have been there in the first place. Keep in mind that we can see the note at the bottom of the post that says "Edited by - fidgety on Dec 08 2006 06:07:20".

Also, I'd like to introduce you to my friend the period. It's that little dot that sits at the end of each sentence. It helps to separate one thought from the next. The period sits quietly on your keyboard just below and to the right of the L key, waiting patiently for you to use it.
The period has friends. One of them, the very versatile comma, sits right there to the left of the period.
Please use them. They make sentences much easier to read.

<i>edited to turn on my signature, as it's relevant to this post.
Freefall

Postby boilingleadbath » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:59 pm

...unles you are like me, in which case the period sits quietly on my keyboard just above and to the left of the "E" key.

But yes, such a projectile will be unstable... but it has an enourmous sectional density and thusly won't deviate from the expected path very much, so who cares?
boilingleadbath

Postby BewareOfDog » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:43 pm

What I would like someone to answer is if bolts, nuts and/or washers are actually made of iron?

And if the title of his topic means the the projectile will obliterate iron, then are 2 x 4's now made of iron? - And if so, where can we get some?

And doesn't obliterate mean to "wipe out <b>completely</b>" ???

I don't know about all of the rest of you, but I'm starting to wish that his Dad would take away his computer as well!
BewareOfDog

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby fidgety » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:12 am

Ok dr are you happy now? I am using good grammar and have made the necessasary changes to the post to make your comment null and void. Anything else you want me to change while on your little rant against me?
fidgety

Postby FLONE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:57 pm

Anyone who went through the SGTC website read the part about how sensitive the forum participants are. Keep on living and hopefully learning.
FLONE

Previous

Return to Ammo Discussions