Soy is making kids 'gay'

Post questions and info about things you have launched or thought about launching. No posts about explosive projectiles!

Postby Mr.Plow » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:15 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I didn't think of soy until I read the soy story about soy having a feminizing affect on males. I don't know if soy is the cause. I have to agree kids, adolescents and young adults are more feminine then they were in the '60's...IMHO.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You can't infer a cause from a correlation though. It would be equally valid to instead say that the increase in feminization is caused by the increased number of feminine hygeine product ads on TV (a positive correlation), or by the decreased level of participation in the Boy Scouts/Rangers (a negative correlation), neither of which involve soy. I could also attribute it to any other trend such as number of trucks on the road per 100,000 people, etc. There is no causal link and no experimental studies have been made, so this article is scientifically useless.
Mr.Plow

Postby Navigator7 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:41 pm

I agree with you, Mr. Plow. I don't think he proved his case.
That said.....His comments most certainly won't help the soy industry.
For that matter....Rap music might cause feminization?

A little web searching revealed all is not well in the "human consumption" soy world. Bad for us good for profits:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food
The book that tells the truth about soy that scientists know, that you need to know, and that the soy industry has tried to suppress.
What others are saying about this blockbuster book:

Women should be more afraid of the marketing of soy products than using low dose bio-identical hormones.
Kaayla Daniel does a thorough job in presenting the risk factors associated with high dose supplements and
soy food products. No woman should take this book lightly, especially if she is interested in maintaining her health.
Larrian Gillespie MD author of The Menopause Diet, and The Gladiator Diet

Dr. Kaayla T. Daniel has provided the reader with the most comprehensive review/evaluation of the soy story ever to exist. 
This is a 'must read' for the intelligent and concerned consumer of food for themselves and especially for
their children and grandchildren.

Mary G. Enig, PhD, FACN author of Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer For Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholestrtol.

Kaayla Daniel exposes soy for what it is, a substance that, when processed, packaged, and marketed by unscrupulous companies
--not to mention over-consumed by the public -- becomes a hormone-disrupting drug capable of causing a host of health problems, including thyroid conditions. In "THE WHOLE SOY STORY," Kaayla Daniel dismantles the marketing mythology that sells soy as a health food, replacing it with the fascinating, well-researched, and fully referenced truth about soy's very real health dangers.
Mary J. Shomon Thyroid patient advocate, Author of the bestseller - Living Well With Hypothyroidism:
What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need to Know

Anyone in America who is interested in safe, healthy nutrition must come to terms with Kaayla T. Daniel's THE WHOLE SOY STORY.  This book is a gauntlet thrown at the feet of the soy industry, whose reputation often seems based as much
on self-promotion as science.  Well-written, authoritative, and accessible to the layperson, this is science writing at its best.
Larry Dossey, MD, Author of Healing Beyond The Body, Reinventing Medicine, and Healing Words

A trailblazing work.  A must read for anyone who wants to properly nourish themselves and their families.
Sally Fallon, author of Nourishing Traditions <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I did post this in the ammo section for a reason.
Since I read the article...I started studying potential uses for soy.....or a gelatin or a combination of products for projectiles.

Turns out soy, urethane and epoxies are good bedfellows.
I'm getting into the mold making biz....and the use of soy is beginning to look like a wide open arena for the application.
Navigator7

Postby SkweezMyCheez » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:21 pm

i think the Gay Pride Parade has found a use for Spud Guns! If they each carried a cannon and shot everything they could with soy... well we would have one hell of a rainbow on our hands, the likes of which have never been seen...
SkweezMyCheez

Postby cdheller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:47 pm

Nav7
"I did post this in the ammo section for a reason."

Henry Ford did a lot of work with soy and other ag products.

"if we want the farmer for our customer ,we'd damm sure better be his"

ford made a plastic(soy) car in the early 40's ,used soy and other ag based production parts on earlier models from seats to door panels .shifter knobs ,electrical parts,.the list goes on ,and on.
He had his own research firm and farm.
not limited to soybeans , problely had a strain or two of hemp at least.

java$cript:insertsmilie('[:0]')
Shocked [:0]

He took it to a personal level when he started wearing complete business suits made of soy based products, and outfitted his own car with a soy based trunk lid.,,,,then smacked it hard with an axe in front of crowds to show a undamaged trunk lid .

There is some info on the processes he used on the web.

Ahead of his time by a bunch of decades in a bunch of ways.
28 m.p.g. 4d sedan?

That would be a model T

The gay issue is not the only thing queer about u.s soybeans.

87%+ of soybeans grown in the u.s. are genetically altered (modified).
as in farm animals will not eat g.m. grain as long as they can eat non g.m(they eat it if that's all you feed them).

In Europe where they label g.m. products they have a hard time giving it away (food programs ).

In Russia it pretty much kills the lab rats.

I'm not completely buying into this story, if cattle and pigs had this problem I think we'd hear about it.
That and they gave the rats a choice

Lab report
http://www.mindfully.org/GE/2005/Modifi ... 0oct05.htm

Russian news release

http://www.regnum.ru/english/526651.html

I pretty much don't care what anyone stuff into their body.
I'd expect the same respect back
cdheller

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Navigator7 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cdheller
[br]I pretty much don't care what anyone stuff into their body.
I'd expect the same back
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Me either!
I drink, smoke, and drive with my seat belt off.
What I do with my body or life is my business.
I eat stuff cooked with butter, love cream in my coffee, eat meat, ice cream, and most everything we are told is bad.

A recent visit to the doc for a CDL medical cert asked what drugs I was on?
"None" I replied.
The fact that I take no drugs made my visit to the doc in the box tahe about 15 minutes longer.
"Everybody is on something!" he replied. Took the Doc 15 minutes to decide that was ok???
(Friggen goon)
If I drink and kill somebody because of that poor choice I should pay society's price.
If I smoke and get cancer...and can't pay for the medical expenses...I should be denied service because I am an idiot.
If I drive without a seat belt fine. If I drive with a child....somebody under 18 and don't make them wear a seat belt before moving....I should pay society's price.
If I kill or maim somebody or myself in an air cannon incident...I should pay society's price.

Regardless....I dislike clinton intensely!
;-)
Navigator7

Postby Navigator7 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cdheller
[br]Nav7
Henry Ford did a lot of work with soy and other ag products......
He took it to a personal level when he started wearing complete business suits made of soy based products, and outfitted his own car with a soy based trunk lid.,,,,then smacked it hard with an axe in front of crowds to show a undamaged trunk lid...... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If Henry Ford can bounce a sledge of a soy trunk lid do you suppose it would be possible to bounce a few aerodynamically shaped soy projectiles off a target?
Navigator7

Previous

Return to Ammo Discussions