Who the hell came up with Murphy's Law?

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby andeh » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:42 pm

Because I hate it, it seems like all that could have gone wrong this afternoon did.

Well, first it was interesting. I somehow got dirt lodged in the schrader valve of my new old school pneumatic.. got that out though, no biggie. Got a couple high tennis ball shots with my new ball valve gun, so I was happy, went back for another shot... buuuuuu goes the compressor. Can't get it to start up. Starting to get angry. Let it go for a bit, came back to flip it on and the on/off switch popped off where its supposed to stay on, electrical sounds like its about to short. You'd think that'd be enough for one day. Well, after that I picked up said old school pneumatic.. accidentally dropped it, BAM BAM... that didn't sound good. So I turned around and its in 5 pieces. Its inline, with a 1" brass ball valve in the middle, so there's 1" male adaptors on both ends. Both snapped in half, leaving me with a pitiful excuse for an anything.[:(!]
andeh

Postby PCGUY » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:58 pm

Murphy ;)
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby Fiebig Spudguns » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:43 pm

That does suck. Ive had a couple days like that, and I always think to myself "Just walk away, you KNOW what happens when you keep messing with [excrement], it breaks" but then I just keep trying to get it to work and of course, it ends up broken[:(!]
Fiebig Spudguns

Postby PCGUY » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:25 pm

Ok, Sardaukar's post was here but it was like breaking in the forums HTML, it refused to let me edit it so I had to delete it...
Very weird problems because of how the URL is set up, but this should work...
http://tinyurl.com/h24c

It points to the link he was trying to show in a way that is not screwing with the code.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Quadro » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:55 pm

bad luck for you. :( but it gives you a reason to make a new one[:p]
Quadro

Postby plasticex009 » Sat May 01, 2004 12:22 am

I had a Murphy day today as well. It all began when I replaced a small rubber diaphragm in a flowmaster "hyper flush" toilet. After the five second install I flushed it. The tank violently seperated from the bowl drenching me in water. I went to tighten the bolts that hold the tank onto the bowl and of course they are corroded beyond belief and will not come off. I had to cut them off with a hacksaw, remove the tank and replace the bolts, and then reassemble the toilet. This took me over three hours to fix and it was all triggered by the instalation of the diaphragm.:x Oh well, I will probably laugh at this event in the future. Don't let it get you down.
plasticex009

Postby GalFisk » Sat May 01, 2004 4:17 am

Wow, yesterday must have been International Myrphy's Law-day. I was out shooting fireworks at the lake (love Swedish fireworks traditions), and first my blowtorch sprung leak, engulfing my hands in a fireball each time I tried to use it (only singed the hair though, byt still unnerving). Then the blowgun on the marble gun began to leak at the trigger, and finally the piston refused to seal.
Underwater fireworks was fun though, and a family that was out shooting gave me a couple of match boxes (from Estonia, even) so I could light the rest of my stuff.
GalFisk

Postby Sardaukar » Sat May 01, 2004 6:53 am

Thanx PCGuy. This thing really sucks. When i post it, i just cut and paste the url and it seems fine but when i look at the post it does this weird thing. When i go back to edit it, it looks normal.[:(!]Very frustrating. It started 2 weeks ago. My computer is giving more and more trouble every day. I'll have to reformat soon. [intercourse]in spywares and viruses. Do you realise that some people actually make those things for a living:evil:Assholes!
Sardaukar

Postby PCGUY » Sat May 01, 2004 1:32 pm

It isn't your computer that was screwing up, there was stuff between the http:// and the www and it made the forums freak out because URL's shoulden't have anything in there, but this site does and it doesn't work without it.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby Sardaukar » Sat May 01, 2004 2:43 pm

From the site i linked to : -Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
Technology : -The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state.
-If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
-Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics: Things get worse under pressure.
Military: -Friendly fire ain't.
-The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
Love: -All the good ones are taken.
If the person isn't taken, there's a reason.
Spudgunning : -The reliability of your spudgun is inversely proportional to the number of people looking at you shooting it.[:p]

Edit : I got it! http://www.edwards.af.mil/history/docs_ ... s_law.html
Sardaukar

Next

Return to Stories