Not really about spudding

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby MadPiper » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:53 pm

So I was at Cedar Point with my buddy on Wednesday and we were with 2 girls and they say "Oh lets go on the dragster, front seats!" we are thinking since we have chicks with us we need to impress them and be brave so we got in front. The car infront of us was getting ready to launch but the ride got screwed up and we were stuck there for 20 minutes and it finally got fixed, it shot up and went down perfectly, we were up next and wholey crap was I nervous. We took off and boy was it fast (125 MPH 420 feet tall!). On our way down I saw this black is thing fly by. It hit the nose of the car we were in and it exploded. Appearently a bird hit the front of the car and exploded and my friend was covered in bird intrials head to waist and the whole right side of my face was covered in blood. Man what are the odds of that?
MadPiper

Postby Longshot » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:04 pm

the bird thing is like randy jhonson. Anyone see that fastball he threw and hit a bird. It exploded too. But damn what are the chances of <i>that!</i> That's rediculous. tiny ball, tiny dove. blammo
Longshot

Postby Loud_Howard1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:06 pm

:DHAHAHA oh my god...my grandpa took me golfing ounce and he ended up hitting a humming bird. But you could've demanded another go on that ride without waiting...I would've
Loud_Howard1

Postby Sardaukar » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:23 pm

[:p][:p]When a bird meets a baseball[:p][:p] http://media.ebaumsworld.com/birdball.mpg
It looks like there is not a single feather left on the bird!!

also found this while searching for the first one. The Infamous Exploding Whale : http://www.perp.com/whale/video.html
It is hilarious. The reporter cracks me up.
Sardaukar

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby MadPiper » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:55 pm

It was EXACTLY like that Randy Johnson bird, it was hillarious.
MadPiper

Postby OJHSPyro89 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:46 pm

Its amazing how many people come from out of state to go to our Cedar point. I only have to drive about an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ive never been on that ride nor have i seen it in person.
OJHSPyro89

Postby howdy doodle » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:44 pm

i thought it was funny when fabio (sp?) got nailed by a goose or something on a rollar coaster.:? haha it was so funny!!!!!
howdy doodle

Postby Ian2accurate » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:04 pm

Hmm... ive neaver heard of cedar point, thats in Ohio then? What is it, just a theme park? Theres some rides at the six flags near me that are pretty wicked. Theres one called shockwave that has a pnumatic boost that gets you to 120mph or so in a few miliseconds, and then you go up sharply about 300ft untill your sharp drop back down. Theres one called superman that pretty popular, its about 500ft+ high and on the first drop and its about a 85% drop for all that way down.

Im sure geese get hit all the time with golf balls at my local golf course. They constantly walk in the tee boxes, and theres tons of them there. I think they like the big water hazard/lake. Its a par 3 course too, so more beginners are there to slice off and smack one.

Edit: Oh, wrong person, Ohio not indiana.

Lol, that whale video is funny! A chunk that was too large hit a car and banged in the front, and the people were covered with small particles of whale blubber!
Ian2accurate

Postby OJHSPyro89 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ian2accurate
[br]Hmm... ive neaver heard of cedar point, thats in Ohio then? What is it, just a theme park? Theres some rides at the six flags near me that are pretty wicked. Theres one called shockwave that has a pnumatic boost that gets you to 120mph or so in a few miliseconds, and then you go up sharply about 300ft untill your sharp drop back down. Theres one called superman that pretty popular, its about 500ft+ high and on the first drop and its about a 85% drop for all that way down.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Its a theme park with the highest rides and stuff. And no your roller coaster doesnt go 500 feet tall. Ohio Cedar Point holds the record of like 412 or something.

Not to be an ass but that all sounds pretty stupid.
OJHSPyro89

Postby MadPiper » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:26 am

Top thrill dragster specs:

PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
Track Length: 2,800 feet
Lift Height: 420 feet
Angle of Lift Hill: 90 degrees
Vertical Drop: 400 feet
Angle of Descent: 90 degrees
Angle of Twist on Descent: 270 degrees
Launch Speed: Approximately 120 mph in four seconds
Drop Speed: Approximately 120 mph