Moved> Spudder or Urban Legend?

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby aturner » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:12 pm

no problem! Thanks for sharing this funny story! Like I said, it's a funny scenario to imagine, at least in a road runner/wiley coyote kinda way.

I will have to keep a look out for that myth busters, freefall.

I noticed that the snopes link points out an problem that all of us overlooked. We didn't even think of the fact that BOTH ends of the pipe would be expected to be open! Imagine that scenario on your spudgun, with no endcap.
aturner

Postby The_Rat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:11 pm

I got too get shot out of a cannon. My uncle works for a traveling circus (lion tamer, no joke) and I always got too stay after the crowds left. I got too try almost everything since all the people there were so nice (Part time job when im 16, gotta train first;))
. Anyway I got too try the cannon, Jeremy (cannonballer) told me his cannon was pneumatic and I actually stood on a kinda platform when I was launched. I was really freaking out like when I first rode the beast at kings island. Imagine getting into a dark piece of metal and you cant hear anything and you arm stand very straight (cant buckle your knees!). Then you are shotut and you feal really weird. Then your shot 50 feet into a giant pile of straw.
The_Rat

Postby spudshot » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:49 pm

i've lived in Carbon County nearly all my life (not long 14 years ) but i've never heard of that story, but i do know of some people by the name McFadden.
spudshot

Previous

Return to Stories