Neer fatal disaster.

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby chewy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:27 pm

Marv, There is a guy i get pipe from and he told me not to use the flat ended caps, that they are weaker than the domed ones. If you drill a hole in the middle of the end cap you seriously weaken it. You are far better off drilling and taping on the double layer of pipe where its clued together. Was there a pw stamped on the end cap anywhere? Thanks for sharing and i am very glad you didn't get seriously hurt. Not to say it doesn't down right hurt right now.:( Welcome to the forum.
chewy

Postby MarvinTheRobot » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:07 pm

Heh, I have been a part of this forum for almost a year (the first forum too) but I never post cause I usually don't talk much :)

I can't tell if it said pw on it anywhere, as I am missing several large chinks still, and I haven't seen it so far.
Is it something I should avoid?
(no more flat ended caps at all for me :) )

My new goal is to make a 2" external diameter co-axial paintball rifle, with the main purpose being to break the sound barrier with a paintball at 100-120 psi. Never for use on a human, or animal of course, I just want to do it for bragging rites, and cause it's my hobby.

I'm wondering if anyone sells .68" rifled paintball barrels (small and light rifling would be needed because of how delicate paintballs are) and if so, could someone link me up.
MarvinTheRobot

Postby BillyBobJoe » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MarvinTheRobot
[br]Heh, I have been a part of this forum for almost a year (the first forum too) but I never post cause I usually don't talk much :)
My new goal is to make a 2" external diameter co-axial paintball rifle, with the main purpose being to break the sound barrier with a paintball at 100-120 psi. Never for use on a human, or animal of course, I just want to do it for bragging rites, and cause it's my hobby.
I'm wondering if anyone sells .68" rifled paintball barrels (small and light rifling would be needed because of how delicate paintballs are) and if so, could someone link me up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Cool, so your a lurker[:p] Your gonna have to use helium or some other light gas if you want to break the sound barried. I think Joel's the only one who makes rifled PVC barrels, and he doesn't do 3/4" (SCH 120 or CPVC) anyway. Rifling is usually not done with PB guns anyway.
BillyBobJoe

Postby BC Pneumatics » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:11 pm

Riffeling would probably tear a pb apart too.
BC Pneumatics

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby chewy » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:36 am

Sadly its a fact of physics that rifling doesn't work with fluid filled projectiles.:( It appears hop ups are the best bet so far.
chewy

Postby buzzboy » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:46 pm

My paintball gun has a rifled barrel on it or are you talking about sprial rifling.
buzzboy

Postby BC Pneumatics » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:42 pm

do you mean a ported barrel?
BC Pneumatics

Postby MarvinTheRobot » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Hahaha,

I do not mean ported, as I can do that easily myself.

I need a rifled barrel to be made custom with extreemly shallow rifles, and an an extremely slow twist.
Since Joel hasn't shared his secret for obvious reasons, I was hoping he could work a custom barrel, or make a new product line.

I think a rifled PB barrel would be a good seller, because of all the project paintball sniper rifles I am seeing. It definetly seems like it would sell better than the mega launcher, which alot of time was put into. (probably would be easier to ship aswell :) )

The whole point of it is to reduce random spin, eg. backspin, because it makes accuracy much harder (backspin on a smoothbore = unpredictable)

As for the rifled paintball gun barrel, chuck it. Non spin rifles are fine for looking good, but they don't make your gun accurate. (I'm not saying it isn't an accurate barrel, it's just that the rifleing has nothing to do with the accuracy.)
My advice, get a Boomstick.
MarvinTheRobot

Postby BC Pneumatics » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:42 pm

I was talking about buzzboy[:p] I've never seen anything but 'spiral rifleing' and it seems strait would do more harm than good[:p]
BC Pneumatics

Previous

Return to Stories