Very Funny, must read!!!!

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby corncob909 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:27 pm

sorry for those that work at these stores- but look i did say HALF were morons which is gennerally true, you are all part of that other half which know what they are doing and what they are talking about! :D I admire those spudders who get to work in these stores and get COUPONS!!! WOOO lol [:p]:D
corncob909

Postby orangekid13 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:16 pm

not coupons, better, they get <b>employee discounts!!!</b>
orangekid13

Postby boogieman » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by orangekid13
[br]not coupons, better, they get <b>employee discounts!!!</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

OH YEAH!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)
boogieman

Postby PCGUY » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:34 pm

everyone loves discounts......
My uncle is a contractor, he gets discounts from anywhere he goes! Next time he does a house, I may get some pipe :D
but... I don't need anyother spudguns, I need the money more.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby pacogoatboy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:07 pm

the guys at the best hardware store in my area (Kleindorfer's Hardware, in Bloomington, IN. great name too) are all into spudguns. they are combustion spudders, and i haven't managed to get them into pneumatics, but they are more than willing to talk taters. also, that store sells every pipe diameter imaginable and lets you buy as much or little as you want. it's great, i can get 1'3" of 4" sch 40. aaaaaah, it's great.
pacogoatboy

Postby SMOMW » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:39 pm

building "IDAHO"

when I was building "Idaho" last year I had a guy come over and help me with some of the fittings I needed, my dad was there and basically told him what I was doing... (dummy...)

so the clerk (an older guy) says "whered you get the idea? DONT SAY THE INTERNET!"

I go... "online" (spudteck more specificaly... and other sites)

lol... he went on t help me... and went on to tell me all about his freinds encounters with spud guns while he was in the air force.. I was in there for a good 20min. more than I should have been...

But anymore I dont ask for help, unless I can't find a fitting I need. but then I usually just go to another store.

I have a freind at a local hardware store who knows that all I come in there for is potato gun parts... so he is always asking me what I am building. he was verry helpful with my propane system and getting all the dad gum fittings for that...
SMOMW

Postby Bartman007 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:09 am

I agree, most, I repeat <i>most</i> hardware store employees are clueless.
At HomeDepot they are all clueless.
At Ace they are pretty cool, they know me anyway cause that is where my robotics team gets nearly everything. I still don't trust them with knowledge of what I'm really doing though, I play it off. For example, I was building a propane dispensing system for an AP Physics project.
At the local OSH there is one guy that knows what is up. He guessed I was building a spudgun, but he was perplexed because I was using PVC! He says that people go in there all the time to buy parts for spudguns, but they buy ABS. I educated him on the issue. Since then he asks me how my "projects" are going every time he sees me, but I don't trust anyone else there.

The local plumbing supply store is a totally different story. They all know why I go there, they even have 2-3 guns sitting around the shop at any one time. They are amazed at the lengths I go to when building spudguns, cause they just have simple guns. The two I can think of off-hand are:
1) a combustion with a 3x12" chamber and a 1.5x36" barrel, and a Coleman lantern sparker. And they use hairspray... ewww
2) a pneumatic with a 2x18" chamber, a 1/2" ball valve and a 1/2x36" copper barrel.
Yeah, they are overpriced, but they are cool about it and love it when I bring my guns in to let them fire.

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Postby superperineumman » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:57 am

i went into home depot and met a guy around the pvc bouncing a super ball....
the first thing that came out of my mouth without thinking was "bouncey ball gun?"
he laughed and said yes....we shoot regularly now on my golf course:D
superperineumman

Postby Snitz User » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:20 am

i went into place makers( a new zealand hard ware store) and went srait to the plumbing section. i was poking around for a while trying to figure out what i would need which i didnt have a clue.. i practically put the thing together in the store took the chamber and the barrel up to the counter and paid for it. the guy at the counter says what is this. and i said its a combustion cannon that launchs potatos like 200 ft and he gives me a weird look and i walk out! now thats balls people WHO GIVES A [intercourse] IF THEY KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! if they give you [excrement] go and shoot there house the next day!
Snitz User

Postby pacogoatboy » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:52 am

And you don't think that they'll connect the potato shot through their window with the guy who was assembling a spudgun in their store the day before? These aren't legal in a lot of places, and a lot of store owners don't want to sell potentially dangerous weapons to kids for ethical and liability reasons. I'm sure that if you are actually telling the truth about all the junk you do, then if spudguns are legal in NZ, they won't be for long. You'll wind up hurting yourself or someone else, and that'll be the end of it.
pacogoatboy

PreviousNext

Return to Stories