Modeling epoxy

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
igpay
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:28 pm

In order to secure my schrader valve to my latest (and first) gun, I was thinking of using this stuff. I had some laying around from previous unfinished warhammer 40k models :D. Now I've never handled real epoxy, but I think this stuff is pretty strong, at least on par with super glue, if not better, and it's built to stick to metal and plastic models. Anyone think that it will work? (or not?)
hi
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:24 pm

im sure it will work, though ive never handled it. just for safety reasons, try to epoxy it in a place where if it does blow, it wont hit you. i dont think it would do much damage, but i wouldnt want to take it in the eye.
"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
jonnyboy
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I used gorrila glue to hold the valve on my first two guns. It's nice becuase it foams a little so it gets in all those small spaces. But I know ace hardware carries threaded schrader valves so your could just tap it in.
pizlo
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Mcmaster has threaded shraders for a few bucks, and they're quite reliable. My first gun had a shrader jammed in, and it leaked. I gorilla glued, then marine apoxied, when I should have just plumbers gooped. It never stopped leaking :(
jonnyboy
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:13 pm

pizlo wrote:Mcmaster has threaded shraders for a few bucks, and they're quite reliable. My first gun had a shrader jammed in, and it leaked. I gorilla glued, then marine apoxied, when I should have just plumbers gooped. It never stopped leaking :(
My shraders (sp?) had a little lip on the inside to snap on to something. But it was only a mm or two apart so it wouldn't snap into the pvc. but it helped.