And it begins... again...

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
ThornsofTime
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:33 am

Yeah man, Kiddos DEFF. eat into the "play money" budget. I really just got lucky I guess... my birthday was last week and I got a bit of cash from people... funded this gun really :D :D
^(O_o)> Hi there
>(O_o)># I made you this waffle!
>(O_o)># then I remembered you were a dick.
(>#<) So I ate it.
ThornsofTime
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Ok here we go again... FINAL DESIGN (seriously, at this point I dont have the ability to go back)

I have decided that my second build will be a much higher PSI rifle in a larger caliber. That being said, I decided that this build should be something different.

In some of my previous posts where I assembled all the pipes just to see if it worked... and the assembly really felt like a pistol. This got me thinking, and I realized that I already had all the fittings needed to re-design and make a pistol.

So.. without further wasting your time with blah blah blah...

The Pictures
Attachments
Above left side
Above left side
The sleeved barrel
The sleeved barrel
Right side
Right side
Closer view of the grip.
Closer view of the grip.
A basic overview of the general look/feel of it. There will be another few pieces of wood and lots of copper/brass sheet :)
A basic overview of the general look/feel of it. There will be another few pieces of wood and lots of copper/brass sheet :)
^(O_o)> Hi there
(>#<) So I ate it.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Looking good, reminds me of the Hoss :) and is that an integral suppressor?

One thing I would defintiely recommend for the sake of aesthetics is a smaller gauge (that will also inspire you to go to higher pressures ;)) which you can pick up for dirt cheap ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 pm

looks good, really like the brass

whats the long pipe next to the chamber and under the barrel? if it where you fill from you could take it out and fill it up from the back of the blow gun.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
ThornsofTime
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Yes its the filling point, with the schrader valve on the end (you can see the black valve-cap on the end). I could easily subtract it from the assembly but then id have to redesign AGAIN... im done lol. It also has the added benefit of increasing my pilot volume... which makes a cool noise when you fire the launcher (happens to be the LOUDER of the two bangs... believe it or not this launcher is STUPID quiet). Thanks for the positive comments :) more photos and updates... probably tomorrow??
^(O_o)> Hi there
(>#<) So I ate it.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 pm

ThornsofTime wrote: It also has the added benefit of increasing my pilot volume... which makes a cool noise when you fire the launcher
take that out of your post or jsr might commit suicide :lol:
you should try keep pilot volume down to a minium it increase the speed that the valve will open which in turn makes it more powerful.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
ThornsofTime
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Hahahahahahaha! yeah id hate to be responsible for the death of such a dedicated spudder... If that were to happen, id buy enough epoxy to encase him in it, thereby providing a FITTING coffin for the infamous JSR (pun TOTALLY intended).
^(O_o)> Hi there
(>#<) So I ate it.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 pm

The most I'll do is cry, it will be the gods of efficiency that smite you!

If you want more noise, keep your pilot volume to a minimum to increase the efficiency of your QEV, and up the pressure - believe me, 300 psi+ from that thing will have your ears ringing :)

And yes, actually, I would like to be buried in an epoxy sarcophagus - not in the near future though ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life