Bunker Thoughts

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
Carlman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am

old water tanks, wrecked vans and maybe an overturned spa or pool
Aussie spudders unite!!
THUNDERLORD
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:59 am

IMO, wrecked aircraft always look cool.
And add to the battleground theme. Just have to find one somehow.

Also, there's two types of "Cover": cover and concealment.
Cover can't be easily shot through, concealment hides one, but can be shot through.

Maybe those kiddy pools? Old Telephone poles?(Just sections positioned on ground to shoot prone from behind) (weren't mentioned yet).

There's also something called a "3 to 5 second rush" used for advancing troops on foot.
The strategy is to pick the best cover you can get behind while advancing (running 3-5 seconds or less between each position).
Maybe you could make a PB training simulator for this one. 8)
-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!
igpay
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 am

For shoot through cover, couldn't you use drywall?
I'm not sure if paintballs will actually penetrate it, and you still would have to replace it, but you cant see through it, so it would add an element of surprise... or something like that. :smilebox:
Maybe it could be part of a demolished building, like where all the other walls are knee high.
WOW!!
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:24 pm

At ours we dug a bunch of trenches that run both sides of the field. They are around 3-4' deep. We also made bunkers that are in the ground, there is also a mine shaft sort of thing. Just go out there with a shovel and start.
potatoflinger
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm

These things make great bunkers, my friends little sister has one in their basement, and when we reball in his basement it is always my favorite place to hide.
It's hard to soar with eagles when you're working with turkeys.
Hubb
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Lots of good ideas. I think I like the little house the best. And, paintballs may be able to penetrate thin sheetrock, but the sheetrock would fall in when it rained. Maybe I could wrap it in plastic.

Kiddie pools would be fun to hide under and ambush people. It would also sound wicked when it would get hit (and probably break away the more brittle it became).

I have some spots now with just basic pallets. A buddy mentioned popping some boards off and propping them up and they could fall when they got shot.
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 pm

one of the better bunkers i have seen was a giant briar patch. where i paintball, it is my favorite hiding spot.... becuase people THINK they can shoot you through it... but what happens is... they can see you... but they cant shoot you. the balls just shatter and you never get hit.

of course... then me with the HUGE long sniper barrel just pokes it out and shoots at the bozos thinking i still cant shoot throug it.... its a good time......

also, for cheap bunkers, take 2 sections of 3/4 inch steel pipe and ram them into the ground, then stretch a tarp between the two poles.
judgment_arms
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 pm

If you could get enough packing pallets why not make a shoot house? :D

Watch some 3-gun competitions; they get rather quite creative with stage layouts and designs.

Take a bunch of pallets and make a big maze, that would be fun.
Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
Hubb
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:20 pm

I got access to plenty of pallets (that's what several of my current bunkers are made of). Several local businesses here just give them away. I might have to consider that, Judge.
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 pm

i might be stupid... but whats a shoot house?
MalcomFrost
Private
Private

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm

VH_man wrote:i might be stupid... but whats a shoot house?
It's kind of like a pillbox, but looks more like a shack than a fortified structure.

Hey Hubb, you mentioned wanting to have 2 pill boxes on either end of your field to use as bases, a shoot shack in the middle would make for some interesting firefights at the 50. Taking/defending a central position can be pretty intense, and lots of fun.
Hubb
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:07 pm

The pill boxes are already set up AND a central battle zone. The field should be completed by Sunday. I'm just trying to get some last minute suggestions.

I appreciate all the suggestions so far. Each of my current bunkers are portable, so the field will constantly be changing. If the mods / admin don't mind, I may post some pics when it is done.

And, btw, I'm still up for any more suggestions.
MalcomFrost
Private
Private

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Sounds great, can't wait to see some pics.
judgment_arms
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:17 pm

VH_man wrote:i might be stupid... but whats a shoot house?
One minute with ASK.com turned up this.
Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
Kronnkk
Private
Private

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:10 pm

look for LARGE card board boxes ,at funiture stores ,and the small card board boxes can ,be Glued,or taped shut,and when it come time to clean up have a bonfire :idea: