Minigolf 2009 NEW VERSION!!! 0.7, Please Download and Rate!

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:40 am

Game Maker? Sounds interesting. I'll have myself a peek on Wikipedia on my lunch break. I'd like to try my hand at RTS.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
sandman
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Biopyro wrote:Something I'd love to see is a design program which has all the fittings etc built in, so that you can simulate what your cannon will look like, and whether it will all fit together.
myself and someone else had started this, but due to inability to contract enough of the right help, it never got finished
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Ok, thanks yall for the comments. First:SEAKING9006 Game maker is awesome, you can even make 3d games such as FPS's. But I have to warn you, RTS's are VERY difficult. Ive tried it....and failed. They have been done a lot, but few are very good. (With the exeption of a game called "Battleships Forever" which has 1000+ responses on the gme maker forum!). Thnaks to all of you who took the time to download and review the game, I really appreciate that. Yeah, The par has already been raised to 72 for the new version, dont worry. Some of the bugs and graphics have been fixed in version 0.7 (scheduled to be realesed this weekend, Ill keep yall posted) The sounds where stolen form a other puttputt game, (I gave credit however) And I plan to take a trip to the local puttputt course to record some custom sounds. Also, I am currently negotiating with someone to make the music for the game. As for the friction, I have played around with this a lot. I forget if this was changed for the new version, but I think it feels pretty nice with version 0.7. I even have Newton's 3rd law implemented, so when the ball hits the wall, It loses some energy. Fnord!!!! You're a gamemaker also!!! Cool. I hope I answered all of the questions. But if not, feel free to give more feedback.
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Yeah, I made a decent platformer engine then got stuck trying to implement super mario galaxy-type gravity. I know how to do it, but the code needed for my version will be ridiculous.

I still work on stuff occasionally, but I don't know enough higher level math to make really good games.
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I have found pre-calculus to be UNBELIEVABLY helpful even down on the TI-84+ level. I had the beginnings of a 3-D graphics engine going, just working on getting the calculus ironed out and implimenting a buffer and a map system (it was generating 2 wall panels and they were hard coded) when I was hit with a RAM reset. I only had an old, early and obsolete version (which was almost an entirely different system) saved in the archive as a backup and it was using the wrong math for generating maps that could support movement. So, I gave up on writing a BASIC engine.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Ah good old gamemaker I remember those years on highschool :D

Par was indeed too high.
Bridges arent that hard, you just gotta go though the center, but still way above par. Lvl 9 took 20 hits.

Now to make it more exciting introduce some hyper ninja killer alien space zombies of doom and you've got yourself a game. :D
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah SEAKING9006, Ive done some BASIC programming, untill by old 83+ got stolen. Yeah, I know the par was too low, It has been changed to 72 in version 0.7
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:21 pm

I have released the new version, 0.7. It has many improvements, so please try out the new version and comment on it. The link is still the same, but here it is again
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?show ... try3091698
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.