Fnord is Alive

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:36 pm

I remember you. You vanished about the time I arrived. I read a bunch of your posts. Do you remember me? I came with a new piston valve design.
ALIHISGREAT
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Technician1002 wrote:I remember you. You vanished about the time I arrived. I read a bunch of your posts. Do you remember me? I came with a new piston valve design.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtKT0lwHNKo

:D
qwerty
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Speaking of people coming back, Ali you haven't been around for a while have you?
I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.
ALIHISGREAT
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 am

qwerty wrote:Speaking of people coming back, Ali you haven't been around for a while have you?
I look over the recent posts a bit but no, not really. Don't have the cash for spudding at the moment but i might get something going over the winter.
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 am

Yes, Technician, I remember you. I don't recall the valve in question... Did I comment on it?

________

It's crazy not having machining facilities. All my spare time goes into designing things (not just SG related) and I keep paper and pencils with me all the time. I'm going to put that bigass hybrid on hold even though it's really tempting. Last night I drew up something much, much better that I'd been trying to solve for at least two years. So awesome I'm not even going to elaborate until I can prove it works off-paper. After hours of mental simulations I see no flaws. The math is all there. Wish me luck.

(But don't expect anything for at least a few months. I know that puts me in winter but it won't be as much of a problem where I am now (not that it doesn't get cold here, but when it does I'm going to wear shorts and a hawaiian shirt and write "Ohio Tourist" on it... when the rest of these wusses have on five layers of clothing:))).
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 am

I don't remember if you commented on it. There are links in my sig.