Air compressor help

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
MisterSteve124
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Ok well I'm going to try and build a new compressor because my other one is really horrible. I thought it would be a good idea to take apart my Black and Decker Air station pump. It is just for filling tires and stuff and can get to around 60psi. Is there any way I could make some upgrades so it will go higher? I'm assuming I could just get a new motor and some how attach it to the pump. Here are some pictures. Does anyone know if I could just attach a bigger motor and if I could where would I put it. How big of a motor do you think I'd need to get to atleast 100psi?

rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:47 am

Well a bigger motor might not help with what you want.What you want is a higher compresion ratio.The ratio might be say 6:1 so find a way to make the ratio 10:1 or something like that which might be hard.By the way I just pulled those ratios from my ass,I have no idea what they actualy are.
kris
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:11 pm

it dosent mater the size of moter u put on the pisten is going to always reach its peak compresion in your case only 60 psi wich means the pisten dosent in most cases make a full stroke inside the cylender wich will cause air to compress inside the pump. the air in the tank will equilize to the pumps max output press. anywas i dont think this post will make any sense to you or give you any help.