Cz 452 .22LR

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 pm

We have an old plate of Second Chance armor. Maybe I can convince my dad to let me shoot .22LR and .22 Magnums at it.
MaxuS the 2nd
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 am

I will have to convince you to film it to and stick it online afterwards. I've never seen any close up shots of the moment the plate has been hit, so I think that would be cool.
Badman
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm

I don't know if you want semi auto or if bolt is acceptable, but the TOZ 78 is a good gun. I haven't shot it but I know a gun nut who loves it. If you need semi, consider the T0Z 99. It is also supposed to be very accurate. Both use detachable mags. Here is a link if you are interested:http://www.ssmedwi.com/Rifles%20page%203.htm

They are both Russian made by TULA. IIRC they were used in some middle eastern country as riot control weapons as "nonlethal." People died (that sometimes happens when you shoot them with guns) and it was taken off the field.
Or you could get the american180:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXifOyNk1s

or even this beast:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBbjt3OZ ... re=related
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:04 am

ramses wrote:Or you could get the american180.
If you have any thoughts that the UK government would even think about allowing an American 180 into the country, you're mistaken, although I'd prefer it if you weren't.

Heck, legally, the only things that are allowed to even be semis in this country are .22 LR rifles, or smoothbores - full auto is an utter no-no, unless your muzzle energy is so low even the government admit it's can't be dangerous - less than 1 ft-lb.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 am

Ragnarok wrote:If you have any thoughts that the UK government would even think about allowing an American 180 into the country, you're mistaken, although I'd prefer it if you weren't.
Full auto is overrated. Have a look at this baby.
If a target is closer than 100 meters, You don't have to defeat a ballistic jacket. An exposed neck, face or head is just enough! And the gun is so "quiet"...
:D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:38 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Full auto is overrated.
Oh, I wouldn't dream of using full auto for precision shooting - but I've never had a chance to fire anything other than bolt actions or breech loaders, so there's a certain appeal in having something I don't have to load every shot, so that why Project 3vo will eventually have switchable semi and full auto modes, even if it will only have a 6 round drum mag to feed from.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
MaxuS the 2nd
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:31 am

I was just scouting around in one of my old gun mags and came across a Rifle Training School about 5 miles away! How awesome is that..
Badman
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:30 am

or you can buy this --> http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/PODSTRONY/radom_sport.htm

it looks a lot more impressive than .22 rifle :D
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
MaxuS the 2nd
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:18 am

Lol, yes indeed it does.

But you have to have a reason for each individual gun that you wish to purchase. In the U.S, you can purchase as many guns as you want without anybody saying a thing..
In the Uk, you have to apply for a license to have anything upwards of an air rifle. You have to have a damn good reason for each individual weapon that you own/wish to purchase.
They also come and investigate the land that you will be firing upon and then give their approval if it's ok.
It also costs $100 to apply for one of these licenses.

If it weren't for all those morons who love to shoot other people in Britain, then our gun laws wouldn't be that strict at all.
I really don't understand why the US doesn't have any gun laws apart from 'Get as many as you can'.
Badman
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 pm

well it's more less the same in Poland... I am not saying it's wrong... some people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, let alone guns... but sometimes it pisses me off that I will have to spend a lot of time and money to get a licence and then if I ever use a gun in selfdefence or something like that I will be in real troubles...
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Lol, I was being very sarcastic. Now I know why it's called the *American* 180. If anyone put those laws into effect in the US, there would be another revolution. (mumbles about Nancy Pelosy)
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:25 pm

EDIT: double post