blowgun leak

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
koolaid465002
Private
Private

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Hello this is my first topic ok so i built a cannon like boogie's zooka.
so i put the blowgun directly on to the spirnkler valve but i get a leak it is not major but it still gets on my nerves anybody got any ideas?
lukemc
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 pm

check if your blow gun is back wards. if not try Teflon tape
"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:16 pm

First off...where is the leak? If it is near the threaded end add teflon tape like lukemc said. If it is the seal of the valve inside, use oil. My modified blowgun seal used to leak and I fixed it with oil. Some types of oil can eat away at your rubber seal, but I am not sure what kind.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
potatoflinger
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:43 pm

origin unknown wrote:First off...where is the leak? If it is near the threaded end add teflon tape like lukemc said. If it is the seal of the valve inside, use oil. My modified blowgun seal used to leak and I fixed it with oil. Some types of oil can eat away at your rubber seal, but I am not sure what kind.
WD-40 is one of the types that can eat away at the rubber, but lithium grease should work.